Video play back quality in TTS4

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

benterhuurne
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Australia

After a complete computer death of my old Windows 10 Asus Rog computer I reinstalled the TTS4 on an Asus Tuf, Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 7 4800 series with Radeon Graphics computer. I used old TTS4 files and 42 Tacx videos from the hard drive of the old computer connected to a usb port of the new computer for transfer. I used a new copy of TTS4 23.1 as detailed in the excellent post :https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/tacx- ... oftware-4/. The name of the old computer I found in an old subscription invoice email for Trend.
All the videos are working using Video player 1 and Video Player 2 in the TTS4, and using any video player in Windows 10 ("Movies @TV", "Windows Media Player", "VLC", "Video Player " etc.
Now I played the Tacx videos, outside of TTS 4, by clicking on the .avi files in the relevant directory of the computer. The video then plays using the then default video player of Windows 10. The quality of the video is variable depending on the Tacx video selected, but invariably far superior to the display in TTS4 while training (Genius Smart) or when using the "Extra video Simulator".
Does anybody know why the quality of the Tacx videos deteriorates when played back in TTS 4? and can that be fixed?
By the way I found a copy on the old hard disk of a Video that must have come from a TDA trial download: T205866 :Dinant. When played back using any Windows 10 video player the quality is far superior to any of the old 42 Tacx TTS 4 videos played back the same way. Is there any way this video can be used in TTS 4.
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

I stopped using the Windows 10 defulat video player for that reason. Install the Classic Media Player and set the defaults to use that.

https://mpc-hc.org/
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy