TTS4 status

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

sgmack wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:43 pm Hi mcorn

To be fair ..If they're not familiar with the situation then they shouldn't reply .........or at the very least get familiar and offer a genuine reply !!!
I'd suggest TTS 4 / legacy queries are being dealt with by Garmin staff rather than former Tacx employees.........Cheers Steve
Steve,

I have no argument with you about the need to provide accurate information. You are probably correct about Garmin staff rather than Tacx employees. They may think they understand something when they don't. I did respond on the feedback box on that page.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper
USER_FLAG: Russia

Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!
sgmack
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi Alex

Why didn't Tacx ever promote/release this ??.......Just shows how far ahead of the game they were !!
Mind you I think "Netathlon" was the first leader in virtual training with their cycling and rowing program.
I've heard that Zwift's Eric Min saw Netathlon and said "I can do better than that"........The rest is history !!!

Cheers........Steve
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper

sgmack wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:43 pm Why didn't Tacx ever promote/release this ??.......
This is very sad. I think that is especially sad for developers (AIM Productions). In my opinion, Tacx has made many bad decisions over the past few years. This is one of them.
sgmack

Agreed Alex.......A great opportunity missed !!!
Cheers..........Steve
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

sgmack wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:43 pm Hi Alex

Why didn't Tacx ever promote/release this ??.......Just shows how far ahead of the game they were !!
Mind you I think "Netathlon" was the first leader in virtual training with their cycling and rowing program.
I've heard that Zwift's Eric Min saw Netathlon and said "I can do better than that"........The rest is history !!!

Cheers........Steve
I kind of doubt there was a developed product that was kept in the can. Some of the screen shots in the YouTube AIM promotional video were of released products, but the other stuff was likely only proposed products that had not been actually developed. My understanding is that animated and CGI game programs are very expensive to create and would likely require charging the customers a lot more money. Quality high speed graphics may also require a high-end PC that many potential customers would not have. Even for the Tacx VR software, that was an issue for some users. So, I assume that Tacx made a financial decision based on its assessment of the market.

I was a very early user of Netathlon and Netathlon2 (for both cycling and my Concept 2 rower). My wife and I would race our tandem using our Fortius trainer on NA2 and against riders in Europe that had all types of trainers. (We also used our CompuTrainer with NA2.) Even though the NA2 graphics were quite basic and pretty low in quality, the racing sensation was pretty good. I've been a tester of Tacx software since 2006 and early on I suggested that Tacx at least take a look at NA2. But NA2 had lots of network problems. Lag was a huge issue as well as disconnects (or even failure to make a connection). I know some people like the VR software in both Fortius and TTS, but I just found over time that it tended to get repetitious and boring more quickly than the videos. And VR releases were much slower to come than new videos.
Michael Corn
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

Alex Masalovich wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:54 pm
sgmack wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:43 pm Why didn't Tacx ever promote/release this ??.......
This is very sad. I think that is especially sad for developers (AIM Productions). In my opinion, Tacx has made many bad decisions over the past few years. This is one of them.
Probably there are even more to come sadly.. unfortunately i cannot elaborate..
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
jimmygnarl
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Has anyone figured out how to get this working again?

This is frustrating as I want to use the genuine software and equipment that I have purchased and used for the last few years. I'm not bothered about multiplayer or strava uploads. I now have a completely useless turbo trainer which can't even be used without the software.

I get a license wizard message ; Sorry, it's not possible to continue and an X T1990.75 Google premium (expired on :17/06/2018, Activation(done))
sgmack

Hi Jimmy

Like you I'm gutted about TTS 4 becoming standalone software but I will still use it.
See below reply I gave earlier in this thread.

Bottom line is that TTS 4 is now a stand alone product.......So
1) No GPS / Google Earth map will show
2) No Multiplayer of any kind
3) Only able to install Tacx RLV's that do not have an activation code ( third party RLV's install fine )
4) RLV's with GPS can take up to 3 mins to start.....This is solved by disconnecting from internet, then re connecting when RLV starts.
5) All VR courses will work fine ......Including using Tacx embedded opponents
6) All Catalyst / Workout courses will work fine
7) Strava upload should still work.

I'm still keeping alive my Tacx Strava Club even though Multiplayer is now dead.
We meet on Skype then sync up our TTS 4, so we ride together but separately in TTS ...if you see what I mean
https://www.strava.com/clubs/TTic

Cheers.........Steve
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper

Garmin cut his lies by half:
Why was TTS4 discontinued?

TTS4 is not compatible with Windows 10 and could only be operated on Windows Vista and Windows 7 computers. Microsoft is ending support for Windows 7 in January 2020.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=R ... tab=topics
sgmack

Hi Alex

As you said earlier the above statement isn't quite true.
TTS 4 works perfectly on Win 10. Tacx wanted to move to a subscription model which meant the end for TTS 4 !!!

Cheers.........Steve
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper

sgmack wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:10 pm Tacx wanted to move to a subscription model which meant the end for TTS 4 !!!
If Tacx were headed by smart managers, they would introduce monthly (annual or for any other period) licenses for new TTS4 users.
sgmack

Agreed !!!
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Alex Masalovich wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:19 pm
sgmack wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:10 pm Tacx wanted to move to a subscription model which meant the end for TTS 4 !!!
If Tacx were headed by smart managers, they would introduce monthly (annual or for any other period) licenses for new TTS4 users.
Personally, I do not think there are good economics in trying to market and maintain both TTS4 and TDA. I also think that TDA is a much better program than TTS4 ever where was. TTS was burdened by bugs throughout its 4 version lifespan. Major parts of the old forum were devoted to various kinds of bug fixes. TDA is aimed at W10, TTS is not.

I would like to see some kind of simple player program that would allow customers to use their collection of videos. It would be a bare-bones program without any of the bells and whistles and without network dependency in order to work. If users wanted to export their ride data, they could do it manually.
Michael Corn
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike

mcorn wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:09 pm . TDA is aimed at W10, TTS is not.

I have perfect playback of the video and quality picture using my high spec W10 PC for both TDA and TTS ;)
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

mcorn wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:09 pmTDA is aimed at W10, TTS is not.
I suspect that like most Windows Store apps, the Tacx Desktop App is not only aimed at leveraging the subscription model, but also an attempt at building an app that runs across multiple platforms. While I do not own one, I seem to recall seeing discussions on other cycling forums where users were trying to run TDA on an X-Box, which given the dedicated nature of that boxes hardware and little in the way of OS bloat, probably works pretty well with TDA.

Of course I think the area where Tacx missed the boat the most was not finding a way to incorporate VR landscapes when it rolled out TDA. For those with steering units, TTS was years ahead and seeing how Zwift, which pretty much owns the market based on 2 or 3 VR terrains, only recently embraced adding steering so that users could go there own way instead of following the pack, so to speak!
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

ms6073 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:58 pm Of course I think the area where Tacx missed the boat the most was not finding a way to incorporate VR landscapes when it rolled out TDA. For those with steering units, TTS was years ahead and seeing how Zwift, which pretty much owns the market based on 2 or 3 VR terrains, only recently embraced adding steering so that users could go there own way instead of following the pack, so to speak!
As discussed elsewhere, VR programs are expensive to develop, so i think Tacx, primarily a hardware company, made a very understandable decision to leave VR to someone else. As long as Tacx is selling hardware that works on someone else's platform, it is doing fine from its standpoint. If businesses like Zwift satisfy a need that Tacx hardware owners have, that simply supports the sale of more Tacx hardware.
Michael Corn
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike

TDA was made for RLV and not to be another Zwift.I bought a steering unit but soon got bored with riding the VR worlds and sent it back.
Last edited by Cycling2011 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper

Dear administrators!
The topic is already under fifty posts on one page. Why is there no automatic formation of new pages when a certain maximum is reached?
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike

I seen to remember that Topics on RDGA and Rides out of sync using W10 TTS had 100,s of posts in the past 8-)
Last edited by Cycling2011 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Alex Masalovich wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:18 am Dear administrators!
The topic is already under fifty posts on one page. Why is there no automatic formation of new pages when a certain maximum is reached?
I guess this is a sign the new unofficial forum is gaining a following. No doubt our system administrators will give your observation some thought. Up to now, this had not been a problem.
Michael Corn
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

Alex Masalovich wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:18 am Dear administrators!
Shock horror !!

I'l drop everything and get right on to it... how shoddy of us, where would we be without you Alex :D..

I will send myself to the naughty boy corner.
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Malfukt wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:05 pm
I will send myself to the naughty boy corner.
I have already sent you by overnight a small whip so you can appropriately flaggelate yourself.
Michael Corn
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper

ms6073 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:58 pm For those with steering units, TTS was years ahead
By the way, VR Steering frame is available in the online Tacx store right now:
https://tacx.com/product/vr-steering-frame-flow/
It is added to cart, so it is available. Would you like to buy?
jimmygnarl
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I can't even open the software.

Is there anyone using an un registered piece of software i.e. from another source?
sgmack

Hi Jimmy

Disconnect your pc from the internet.
If you were able to open TTS 4 two months ago you should still be able to open it now

Cheers...........Steve
jimmygnarl
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

No, it won't open I last used it in July 2019

"Chop Suey:Bamboo with rice" vr
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

jimmygnarl wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:50 pmNo, it won't open I last used it in July 2019
What exactly does 'won't open' mean? What are you trying to open? Screen shot? Have you checked the Tacx log file for errors?
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper

sgmack wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:21 pm Tacx will shut down the TTS 4 License server 1st Jan 2020.
Still, this event happened only partially. Disabled all the functions that were tied to the address http://ttsapi.tacx.com/. Therefore, web installations of the TTS4 itself and RLV are not possible. But they are possible from full installers. License activation from the TTS4 itself is probably still available. At least this is indicated by the posts of some users in other forums. I checked this as follows: when I tried to activate the license on another computer, the TTS4 contacted the server and replied that the license was already activated on the other (first) computer.
sgmack

Hi Alex

Good to hear that Tacx may have "forgotten" to shut down the Licence server. Full shutdown will probably be just a matter of time.
I'm hoping nobody contacts Tacx to ask about the Licence server though........Just in case Tacx they remember to shut it down !!!

p.s.......The link you posted above is dead
Cheers.........Steve
Last edited by sgmack on Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.