TTS4 status

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Didn't work for me a few weeks back when my TTS4 pc corrupted.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

nzuraw wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:48 am Didn't work for me a few weeks back when my TTS4 pc corrupted.
Worked fine today for me:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=243
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

mcorn wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:42 am
nzuraw wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:48 am Didn't work for me a few weeks back when my TTS4 pc corrupted.
Worked fine today for me:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=243
I have done 7 rides using TTS4 in the last 2 weeks including City Centres and a 2 IM with zero issues.
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
jimmygnarl
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

ms6073 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:47 pm
jimmygnarl wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:50 pmNo, it won't open I last used it in July 2019
What exactly does 'won't open' mean? What are you trying to open? Screen shot? Have you checked the Tacx log file for errors?
I get a license wizard message ; Sorry, it's not possible to continue and an X T1990.75 Google premium (expired on :17/06/2018, Activation(done))

I'm at work at the moment without my affected laptop but will get a screen shot later
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper
USER_FLAG: Russia

jimmygnarl wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:49 pm I can't even open the software.
jimmygnarl wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:17 am I get a license wizard message ; Sorry, it's not possible to continue and an X T1990.75 Google premium (expired on :17/06/2018, Activation(done))
How to correlate these two your messages? The expiration of the Google license prevents you from only running GPS rides.

Let's take a look at the logs:
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Logs
The fastest access to this folder: copy here the path to it and paste it in the address bar of Explorer or browser.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!
ATENEA
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
Location: In the mountains @ 5,000' when not by the sea in Mallorca or France
USER_FLAG: Spain

For whoever is interested:

I am using TTS4 on a Windows 10 computer, with a NEO 2T Smart, connected through ANT+

As for TDA, I have to use a Bluetooth connection (the desktop app does not work with ANT+, as indicated by TACX in the FAQs related to this topic).

I use TTS4 rev. 4.23, for the "exercise", but to "read" the altitude data, I use TTS4 rev 4.16 (import ".tts" files exported from the 4,23 rev.), since rev. 4.23 does not allow you to export the altitude data.

Hope this is of use.
Tacx Genius (non-smart), Tacx Bushido, Tacx Neo 2T
Garmin Edge 1000, Garmin Fenix 6S Pro
Windows 10
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper

ATENEA wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:18 pm I use TTS4 rev. 4.23,
I use TTS4 rev 4.16
Well, this is really very interesting. Tell us how to use it at the same time. Will you replace the modules in this folder?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacx\TacxTrainersoftware4
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

ATENEA wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:18 pm
As for TDA, I have to use a Bluetooth connection (the desktop app does not work with ANT+, as indicated by TACX in the FAQs related to this topic).
The FAQ is out of date. ANT+ works fine with the latest release of TDA. I have another post on this.
Michael Corn
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper

jimmygnarl wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:17 am I get a license wizard message ; Sorry, it's not possible to continue and an X T1990.75 Google premium (expired on :17/06/2018, Activation(done))
I seem to guess what it is about. If you receive such a message:

then the most likely reason is a change in the computer name. Return the old computer name. If you have forgotten the old computer name, you can find it in the Event Viewer module of the operating system by setting up the display of the "computer" column.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

I've been doing a few rides with TTS4 since I got it reactivated. A couple of days ago while using my Neo2T, I tried a third-party video. The ride went okay, but TTS4 froze when I went to save the ride. Today, I decided to try my Flux2 Smart. Cadence readings with this trainer can be erratic, so I have a Garmin magnet-free cadence sensor. I was getting all the new devices connected, but when I got to the last one, TTS4 crashed to the desktop. I restarted and all the devices worked and we did a ride with another third-party video. This time it saved okay. Regrettably, this is still the old TTS4 that I grew to both love and hate.

P.S. Cadence readings with the Garmin magnet free sensor were very steady. Not at all erratic.
Michael Corn
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike

mcorn wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:40 amI
Regrettably, this is still the old TTS4 that I grew to both love and hate.
I had TTS on a W7 lap top for 8 years with only a few minor issues and now have it on PC with no issues.TDA is better with a slightly smoother playback of the video.However i bought a new mid spec W10 Del Lap Top to Beta Test TDA and had a long list of issues including not smooth playback of the video.I gave up in the end and bought an expensive high spec PC for TDA.I now have no issues with TDA or TTS.I use TDA most of the time but still enjoy using TTS ;)
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
sgmack
First Bike with trainer wheels

Hi All

I can count on one hand the amount of issues I've had with TTS 4 over the many years I've used it !!!
Once I had rlv freeze. Couple of times been unable to save a ride. Most issues I had was getting a spinning disc initialising error when starting an MP ride.
This was solved by asking riders to leave the server one by one. When the ride started it was the last person that left causing the issue.
Most of the time the rider was on Video Player 2. When changed to VP 1 problem solved

One annoying but easily solved issue was that some rides would duplicate themselves in the films menu.
Aube Valley and original Majorca Tour were worst for this !!!
Again if this happend then that person wouldn't be able to join the MP server if that particular rlv was selected !!! Deleting the duplicates solved the issue.

Cheers.........Steve
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

In all honesty mostly issues had with TTS was beta versions which would then get update to fix issue then have another so yet another update etc which finally led to quite stable public release that like Steve (sgmack) and Dave (cycling in circles since 2011) had very few issues with
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

I ride with TTS on an MSI gaming laptop with an NVidia video card which was considered one of the best gaming laptops at the time it was purchased. The only real issues I have had was TTS repeatedly crashing to the desktop when ever I would try to ride an RLV with Video Player 2 selected. Interestingly the wife's setup is a somewhat generic HP desktop in which I added an NVidia video card, and occasionally when she and I are riding VR, the rider will go off course (we don't have steering). The first time was several months ago when her VR rider took a detour into and out of a tidal pool on Paradise Island, and then again this past Saturday, when for some reason, about 3-miles after starting Caravagio under the Montagna VR terrain (a Bikenet sourced VR route we have ridden before), the VR rider failed to turn and just rode straight off the edge on a high mountain switch back and was suspended in mid-air, for which we had to stop and start over.
Last edited by ms6073 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

I do have VP2 selected. Maybe VP1 would help, although video playback does not seem to be an issue. Just reporting what I see. Every startup and every shutdown of TTS4 each take about a minute or so to complete. Would be curious if others see the same thing. Of course, I am running the latest version of W10. I do not have more than 10 rides so far, so that is not an issue. There are about 40 videos installed, 30 are Tacx, 10 are third-party (Jost).
Michael Corn
sgmack

Hi mcorn

VP 2 definitely causes issues. I always used to tell fellow riders in my Strava Club to switch to VP 1.........Although no issues now as no MP.
One friend of mine couldn't get his Aube Valley rlv to work while riding offline. Told him to switch to VP 1 ........problem solved

Whatever version of TTS I've had has always taken around 30 secs to start and to close........Thought that was normal !!! Only ever had TTS working on a Win 7 desktop pc.
Cheers.........Steve
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike

My 8 year W7 lap was taking minutes to start/shutdown TTS.The pc is fast and i can open/connect using TTS in 10 seconds.
[200+rides]It takes the same time to start TTS as it does TDA and a few seconds more to shutdown.I always used Video 1 on
my W7 lap top and am now using it on my W10 PC with zero issues :)
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Cycling2011 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:41 pm My 8 year W7 lap was taking minutes to start/shutdown TTS.The pc is fast and i can open/connect using TTS in 10 seconds.
[200+rides]It takes the same time to start TTS as it does TDA and a few seconds more to shutdown.I always used Video 1 on
my W7 lap top and am now using it on my W10 PC with zero issues :)
I think if you need a very high-end and expensive gaming PC to get this level of performance, that is really not a strong endorsement.
Michael Corn
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike

mcorn wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:38 pm I think if you need a very high-end and expensive gaming PC to get this level of performance, that is really not a strong endorsement.
I purchased my PC to replace a mid spec W10 Lap Top that should have worked/but did not for TDA.I am just reporting how well this PC runs both TTS and TDA. ;)
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

The issue was your particular laptop Dave, it had issues we remember it and not fondly,, it was higher spec than my PC which has zero issues with TDA yet your laptop had issue after issue
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike

Malfukt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:27 pm The issue was your particular laptop Dave, it had issues we remember it and not fondly,, it was higher spec than my PC which has zero issues with TDA yet your laptop had issue after issue
My Lap Top has no issues.I am still using it for other applications with no problems.
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

But Dave, why don't you tell everyone the specs for your high-end PC and how much you spent. That would give some perspective.

TTS4 was first developed 10 years ago. The standard for TTS4 suitability should be based on PC's of that era.
Michael Corn
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike

mcorn wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:21 pm But Dave, why don't you tell everyone the specs for your high-end PC and how much you spent. That would give some perspective.

TTS4 was first developed 10 years ago. The standard for TTS4 suitability should be based on PC's of that era.
Mike.
My 8 year old lower spec W7 lap top had no issues with TTS.
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

My Lap Top has no issues.I am still using it for other applications with no problems.
Not completrly accurate Dave, we spent many many hours/messaging trying sort it out due to recurring issues that meant your reports on beta where not valid..hence you splurged out on your overkill PC (not a brand name :lol: ) which works excellently
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper

I found a debug.log file in this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacx\TacxTrainersoftware4
For two and a half years, this file has grown to 26 MB. The same text is written there many times:
WARNING:dns_config_service_win.cc(673) Failed to read DnsConfig.
I assume that the entries are added by the TTS4 to this file only when the Internet is turned off.
The file can be deleted without consequences.