New Guy here with a few questions

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

bigskypylot406
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I'm currently in the midst of searching for what I need to re-install my TTS4 on my Dell XPS. I previously had an issue with my laptop in 2018 and i was running WIN8 so i took it in to my computer guy at the time and we did WIN 10 along with a MoBo and CPU swap, upgraded to an SSD and 16GB of RAM. He did a wonderful job and even had TTS4 working flawlessly. Fast forward to two weeks ago, WIN10 is acting up and i want to upgrade to the latest feature update and the computer will just not take it. So, I take it to new computer guy (old one is 2000 miles away. in retrospect, I should have sent to him.

The new guys tried to get the new update to take and it just would not do it. So, already in to it for $120, i told them to do what they had to do (wipe the system for a fresh install) they use diskimage or whatever tool they had to copy everything back to the system after the new install. Prior to this issue, i had TTS4 working great with the OLD RLV of Iron Horse Classic and Tour of Evergreen, Arizona Cycle Tours and Arizona Climbs working great. Now I can't even get TTS4 to load. I have Net Framework installed and the other extensions installed (the ones that Tacx Updater prompted me to do). I might add that I had all this working with my Tacx Neo trainer.

Now I don't have my TTS4 disk but I do have TTS3 and the rest of the discs available, I believe I have the TTS4 Key on the laptop as they copied all the Tacx folders back over to my system. I am perusing the forum here and stumbled on this (Screenshots included). I have the TTS4 APP and exe.config etc My question now is, do I move the TTS4 App to a separate folder along with the exe.config file? and open up the links that I downloaded from here?

any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

BigSky
Attachments
TTS4_2.PNG
TTS4_2.PNG (74.1 KiB) Viewed 9700 times
TTS4_1.PNG
TTS4_1.PNG (36.68 KiB) Viewed 9700 times
Lunicus_1.PNG
Lunicus_1.PNG (135.39 KiB) Viewed 9700 times
bigskypylot406
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Here are a few more screen shots

Thanks!

BigSky
Attachments
TTS4_5.PNG
TTS4_5.PNG (48.87 KiB) Viewed 9699 times
TTS4_4.PNG
TTS4_4.PNG (134.7 KiB) Viewed 9699 times
TTS4_3.PNG
TTS4_3.PNG (130.77 KiB) Viewed 9699 times
bigskypylot406
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Also, where would I find my product key since I am looking for it now in the License folder I don't see it

searching through some emails, I believe I found it from some correspondence with TACX Support back in 2013 :)
bigskypylot406
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Wow. Thanks for the help
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

bigskypylot406 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:43 pm Wow. Thanks for the help
The product key will not do you any good as the Tacx license servers were shut down a long time ago. There is a lot of discussion of this on this forum.

What you need is the TTS4 license file from your previously installation. The file name is tts4.lic (or tts4b.lic if you only installed the basic version). The license file is location in this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\tts4.lic

Assuming you have a valid license file, here are a couple of links on reinstalling from this website.

https://www.lunicus.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=338

https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/tacx- ... oftware-4/
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
bigskypylot406
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

mcorn...

thank you for the guidance. I will take a look at those links. I looked for my license file and it had been wiped as well. However, I was looking on an old external HD of mine and came across my TTS4 folder and it had the license! Hopefully I can get this squared away without any issues.
bigskypylot406
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Well, I am not having any luck... I have tried to follow this tutorial and it doesn't seem to wanna work (operator error for sure) I have all the folders saved and copied. I just don't have my original disc. I do have a web installer but that asks for the activation code (which I have) but as you said, that is no longer relevant as the server is inop. I do have the original license however. I tried to download 4.23 from Lunicus but it comes back with server error about half way through

THanks
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

bigskypylot406 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:47 pm Well, I am not having any luck... I have tried to follow this tutorial and it doesn't seem to wanna work (operator error for sure) I have all the folders saved and copied. I just don't have my original disc. I do have a web installer but that asks for the activation code (which I have) but as you said, that is no longer relevant as the server is inop. I do have the original license however. I tried to download 4.23 from Lunicus but it comes back with server error about half way through

THanks
I just downloaded version 4.23 from the Lunicus website without any problem. Not sure if you are using any programs for downloads, but a very good (and free) program is Free Download Manager. It does a good job of keeping track of everything and maintaining a connection. Downloads sometimes work better if you have a wired connection to your PC. Here is a link to the FDM website:

https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Note that after install 4.23, you will want to download and install the 4.23.1 patch.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA