Moving TTS4 to my old computer

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Hammertime
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

Hi everyone,

Now the rainy season is looming ahead, and coming across this forum I have decided to take up the struggle with TTS4 again.
As far as I can tell I have taken all the described steps in this forum but alas, TTS4 will not start up.
Without all the copied files from the working setup version I get a message from the "license Wizard", so not even possible to enter my License-key.
After copying the necessary files TTS4 get stuck in the initial stage of starting up. Even though I removed all the"run-files".

I would appreciate very much if someone could help.

Thanks,Pierre
original install tts4 .3.jpg
original install tts4 .3.jpg (168.35 KiB) Viewed 7786 times
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (178.84 KiB) Viewed 7786 times
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

If you cannot get past the loading screen, I would remove everything and do a reinstall. It is also possible that your old computer does not have enough power to run TTS. I am assuming that you have followed all the directions about saving the license file from your prior computer that had a working version of TTS. Without that, you can't do anything anyway.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Hammertime
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

Hi Michael, thanks for your reply.
I did copy the license file and I have removed and re-installed tts4 a few times before posting my initial question.
That obviously did not help.

These are the specs of my computer:
double core 2ghz
Ram 4gb
free diskspace 100+ GB
Video: mobile intel 4 series express memory 128MB

Strange thing is that the program used to start up after installing from CD-rom, but i could not activate the program due to the license problem. My assumption is that if my laptop is not sufficiently equipped it also would not start up with the basic tts4.3 install from the CD-rom.

Any suggestions?
Pierre
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

That is a very minimal PC spec. In my experience, a computer with those specs would have a great deal of difficulty running TTS. Ram is a bit low, CPU is a bit low depending on the type of CPU, and video memory is way too low. Not sure why it would do better with TTS 4.3, which is much older than 4.21, but would probably not need fewer resources. No real difference between basic and advanced versions.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA