Windows 11 Upgrade

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Hansi
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Denmark

Hi

Has anyone done the upgrade to Windows 11 and still have a working TTS4? :paranoid:
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Good question.
Windows 10 will still be supported until October 14 2025.
TTS4 may work with W11 but i think it will have to be reinstalled,Then it will be hit and miss if you can still have it reactivated with the server not working.I may delay the update and stay with W10 on my pc.However this is a legacy product and the future is TDA and the mobile TTA.
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
lesoudeur
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Have just dug out my Bushido T1980 as have set up an area on the ground (concrete) floor for training. Have not used it for a number of years due to gym membership and outdoor trail cycling but it is like new. I paid £450 in 2015 plus the upgrade from Tacx at € 169 so not a small investment. Just found out through reading this forum that they have completely discontinued the software and although there is a way to reinstall it on another computer (with some caveats), they obviously do not care about supporting their customers by turning off the registration server that they know will end in the loss of the software for this model (and others before and including 2015). Will not be buying Tacx /Garmin products in the future. OK, having stated my immense disappointment, I have been "lucky" in that I have maintained the original upgraded software on various cloned hard drives (mechanical to the current SSD) and operating systems (Win 7 to now 11) including changed motherboards and CPUs. It is now on an X299 chipset system using the i9-7940X CPU with a Sapphire RX 580 graphics card (that I was fortunate to pick up pre-pandemic). Have just set it up with some new batteries, paired it with the control and brake and it is running really well with no glitches (except for the stated issues) . I have just completed a short VR (Paradise Island) route successfully so it is not quite the expensive paperweight that I was anticipating and has made it to the Windows 11 (build 22000.282) Operating system (so why tell people that it will not work on any OS after Win 7!!!!). What is out there for maximising support (Tacx films etc) so that users can still get a good enough experience with the non Smart Bushido. I am reluctant to sell it and after having a quick look on EBay it would be difficult to sell anyway.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

lesoudeur wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:02 pm What is out there for maximising support (Tacx films etc) so that users can still get a good enough experience with the non Smart Bushido.
As you have concluded, you probably will not be able to use any Tacx films that require authentication from a Tacx server in order to work. But there are a number of sellers of TTS compatible videos that do not require any form of authentication. And there are some free videos available elsewhere on this website. Here are some links (the first one is on this website).

https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/custom-rlvs/

https://www.reallifevideo.de/tts.php?lang=en

https://www.real-life-video.nl/tacx-trainer-software/
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
LuanLi
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Switzerland

I can confirm that TTS4 works quite well with Windows11.
But I reinstalled TTS with an existing licence so don't know how this will work upgrading from Win10 to Win11.
Hansi
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Denmark

LuanLi wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:50 pm I can confirm that TTS4 works quite well with Windows11.
But I reinstalled TTS with an existing licence so don't know how this will work upgrading from Win10 to Win11.
Thank you so much :biggrin:
manarimnhkjgg
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

From what I understand, Windows 10 will still be supported until October 2025, so you have some time to decide whether to upgrade. TTS4 may work with Windows 11, but it may need to be reinstalled, and there is a chance that it may not be able to be reactivated with the server not working. One option is to hold off on upgrading to Windows 11 and stick with Windows 10 on your PC. TTS4 is a legacy product; the future is TDA and the mobile TTA. Another option is to purchase a Windows 10 key, which you can use to activate Windows 10 on your laptop. You can also look for the cheapest windows 10 keys online.