Installing new discs

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Zoso
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Antigua & Barbuda

Hi,

I have finally been able to get TTS4 working again on a different computer thanks to your fantastic straightforward guide, so huge thanks!!

The software I have is licences to me and was activated before the support ended, unfortunately, I have some Tacx DVDs which were not installed prior to this date, and although I have the discs along with the activation codes here, I cannot seem, to install them. Hardly surprised due to the support for the software ending, but I wondered if any of you guys here know how I can install genuinely purchased Tacx DVDs to my computer?

I have TTS4.23.1 running and the videos I had previously activated as well as videos purchased elsewhere work fine, but I would like to get access to the other software I paid good good money for, it say's that the license has expired?

Many thanks!
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Zoso wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:12 pm The software I have is licences to me and was activated before the support ended, unfortunately, I have some Tacx DVDs which were not installed prior to this date, and although I have the discs along with the activation codes here, I cannot seem, to install them. Hardly surprised due to the support for the software ending, but I wondered if any of you guys here know how I can install genuinely purchased Tacx DVDs to my computer?

I have TTS4.23.1 running and the videos I had previously activated as well as videos purchased elsewhere work fine, but I would like to get access to the other software I paid good good money for, it say's that the license has expired?
I am not aware of any way to activate and use videos that were not part of the earlier installation. The video activation information is part of the encrypted license file that is used to authenticate TTS, but since the servers have all been taken down, there is no way to activate them even if you are a legitimate purchaser and owner.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Zoso
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks for that; I suspected that may be the case.. A little annoying having not purchased it that long before it was all shut down..

I understand how licensing works and the activation aspect with regards to TTS itself would cost them money to keep going, but it would have been no loss to do something in the final patch so that if you have a licenced copy of TTS4 running, any discs added do not need to be 'activated'.. By shutting it down in a way so that it can't be used, I'm even less likely to use their monthly service now! And anyone who didn't have a legit copy of TTS that was doing dodgy downloads etc would most likely not be a potential customer anyway.

I totally get the decision to switch to the new model of subscriptions, but it strikes me that only brand new customers would be happy about it, anyone who has been on the the smart trainer wagon since the beginning, or at least for a decent while has got to feel a little bit snubbed surely? I've been using Tacx stuff since before the internet was turned on, I suppose I'll get a letter from them next asking me to pay rent for the work-stand I got in 1992! Sorry, rant over!

I had seen someone posting about activating discs, but that may have been old I guess..

Thanks again for the reply! :)
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

A lot of users have made similar. Personally, I have thought Garmin would be better off liberating TTS the same way they did the old Fortius software. They are probably creating more bad will than it is worth. But overall, I also think that TTS, just like the old Fortius software, is way past its time and time for the dust bin.

The Tacx Desktop App (TDA) is a lot more than a new subscription model. TDA works completely differently than TTS and is much easier to install and maintain. The quality of the videos is far higher than TTS. I don't know if you have a compatible trainer, but if you do, it might be worth a short trial.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Zoso
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi Michael, yes I have a tacx neo and have tested the more up to date app, but I just don't like subscriptions.. I'm a little old fashioned like that. I also enjoy the velodrome on the TTS software; it may be a little boring for some, but I find it good for short intervals etc, especially having ridden the track a lot, I've got to hand it to Tacx, I really like the way they got the changes in resistance programmed for when you enter and exit the banking! Spot on.

Anyhow, thanks again for the reply and tips!

Simon