Tacx TTS4 no Strava connection

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Ludo
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

Hi all,

I have a problem, the old computer where TTS4 was installed upon crashed and I had to do a re-install on another computer.
I know there is no support anymore and servers are down....

The installation went well, no problems there. I just need to confirm my registration-number each time I start the program (luck for me the program remembers the registration number...)

I did not install all the movie's I have, but the Dordogne works well...

My problem at this moment is the following;
-When I trie to connect to Strava (through "Settings-> Social Media") I get the following fault...

{"message":"Bad Request","errors":
[{"resource":"Authorize","field":"scope","code":"invalid"}]}

Is this the problem of the Tacx Software ?

How can I resolve this and if it is not possible, is there a workaround so I can still get my rides indoors onto strava ??

Thanx in advance.....

Ludo
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I assumed that all of these functions, including the Strava link, no longer worked after the Tacx servers were shut down. How recently was this function working for you before your computer crashed?
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Ludo
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi, thnx for you reply, I haven't used the TSS for a while, but I just checked my Garmin connect and the last training I did with the TSS was indeed before in 2019...

Ludo
frankhertz
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

If you have TTS 4.23 .1 (I think that is the latest), uploading to Strava should work. There was a few upgrades before that, when the upload to Strava did not work. What I did was upload to Garmin Connect which always seemed to work and then manually imported the file from Garmin Connect to Strava. If you open up Strava on your computer, there should be an import files button. It has been a long time but I think there was a export activity in Garmin connect (also on your computer) and you had to export the file in a particular format. Perhaps others can weigh in or Google may give you the exact recipe. I think that is where I found it originally.
Good luck.
frankhertz
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

I made an error in my post above. The first part about the latest version of TTS connecting easily to Strava was true. What I remembered incorrectly was the second part. I used the manual method to go from Strava to Garmin Connect not the other way round. I cannot remember what I did when the Strava upload was not working.
I apologize,
Harry
Ludo
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi, I am using TTS 4.23.0.

If I want to update to 4.32.1 is it sufficient to use the 4.23.1 patch file from the website ?
Or do I need to run the 4.23.1 full and after that the 4.23.1 patch ??

Ludo
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Ludo wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:26 am
Hi, I am using TTS 4.23.0.

If I want to update to 4.32.1 is it sufficient to use the 4.23.1 patch file from the website ?
Or do I need to run the 4.23.1 full and after that the 4.23.1 patch ??
To the best of my knowledge there is no 4.23.1 full installer. To get to 4.23.1, you must first install 4.23 full and then apply the 4.23.1 patch, so you are ready for the patch.

Just to be safe with this cranky piece of software, I would make a complete backup of Tacx folders, particularly the one that contains your license file.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Pernel
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

So is anyone getting tts4 .23.1 to post on Strava ?
I can get it to look as though it’s going to work but I might have blocked too many things from connecting to the web.
Thanks
Pernel