TTS4 - Video player 1 stopped working

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

RobM
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Wales

I recently returned to indoor training after injury / summer outdoors and found that some of my RLVs - the old tacx ones - no longer work with video player 1, but do work with video player 2, while third party ones (reallivevideo.de) still work with video player 1 (and with video player 2). While the tacx ones work with video player 2, quality is not as good as video player 1 and I get frequent freezes where the video stops for anything between a couple of seconds and half a minute or so before jumping to catching up again. With the tacx RLC and video player 1, I get the map when I start training, but instead of this being quickly replaced with the video, the map remains and I don't get any video. The 'video simulator' feature under the 'Extras' menu shows all the videos ok (tacx and third party) regardless of which video player is selected.

One possible cause I have looked into is codec issues. I've checked the encoding on the different RLVs and see that the tacx ones are all XVid or DX50 (DivX 5), while the third party ones are x264. This appears more than coincidental to me. However, I can't tell if there is anything wrong with the codec setup on my system (details below). I don't know how video player 1 is set up in tts4 - is it part of the software package or is tts4 using a windows video player? Another possible cause I have considered is the display driver, but it's not obvious to me why that would only affect some videos and not others.

My system is running tts4 4.23.0 on Windows 10 home 64-bit, with a GTX 1050 graphics card, driver version 471.41.

Any thoughts on how to further investigate and fix this so video player 1 works again would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
wilf
First Bike with trainer wheels
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Germany

I have the same error on one of my TTS4 computers.

https://www.lunicus.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=590

I also have Win10 Home but previously upgraded the processor to AMD Ryzen 5 and updated the drivers.
It would be nice to find out why.
However, it is not a big problem for me as I have 4 computers (all Win10) with TTS4. 3 work fine with video player 1.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

TTS was a bit of mess with video playback and jumping between VP1 and VP2. And this was compounded by users installing various codec packs, often for use with other applications. Tacx finally solved all of this by shutting down TTS.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA