Convert Tacx files for use in other software

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

benreiter
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

I had a huge library of purchased Tacx films, now obsolete. I extracted the AVI and TTS files and have been able to use the films successfully in Rouvy Workouts. Unfortunately Rouvy is retiring this app. Are there any other cycling apps that can read these, or is there a way to convert them to a format that another training app can read?
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

The Tacx RLV's (uncoded and coded) work perfectly in Golden Cheetah. Although it requires some time and effort to get things going it works OK with most trainers. Even better than the original TTS4 software as you can set more parameters to get a realistic riding feeling. f.e. Cw value, frontal surface, weight of cycle, resistance of tyres, nr. of spokes and so one. I switch between TTS4 and Golden Cheetah and use the beta version from end 2021
You don't need keys or conversion of the files. You can upload the files to strava.

MTB
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

MTB wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:25 pm The Tacx RLV's (uncoded and coded) work perfectly in Golden Cheetah. Although it requires some time and effort to get things going it works OK with most trainers. Even better than the original TTS4 software as you can set more parameters to get a realistic riding feeling. f.e. Cw value, frontal surface, weight of cycle, resistance of tyres, nr. of spokes and so one. I switch between TTS4 and Golden Cheetah and use the beta version from end 2021
You don't need keys or conversion of the files. You can upload the files to strava.

MTB
Curious how you are able to use TTS coded videos with GC. Are you able to use GC for brake control? Which make and model brakes do you use?

It has been a while since I took a look at Golden Cheetah. I never spent much time on it.

Thanks.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hello Michael

I ride with a Tacx NEO. You can install FEC trainers which use an ant interface. When you do some investigation in the xml configuration files you will be able to place custom meters (color/size where you want on the screen.
I will make a screen shot of my video display working with a Tacx rlv

Marc
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

GC also connects with Strava. You can upload the rides and GC will also download the rides on Strava for analyses
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

MTB wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:27 pm Hello Michael

I ride with a Tacx NEO. You can install FEC trainers which use an ant interface. When you do some investigation in the xml configuration files you will be able to place custom meters (color/size where you want on the screen.
I will make a screen shot of my video display working with a Tacx rlv

Marc
Still do not quite understand how you would use a coded TTS video. The *.tts file for a coded TTS video is encrypted and it contains all the distance and slope-change data.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

The tts file nor the avi is coded. Only the TTS4 software detects it as a coded. I can also manipulate the lic file so that I could ride coded RLV's without any key needed. So there is no code included. I discovered this while experimenting with GC as alternative for TTS4
I rode today Ventoux 2011 on my Tacx Neo with GC. A coded video and sent some GC and Strava screenshots
Mmm I can't upload "big" files
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/ca2402 ... 210/6059c7
Br. Marc
Attachments
Select video by double clicking on tts.png
Select video by double clicking on tts.png (104.9 KiB) Viewed 9108 times
Profile of the video.png
Profile of the video.png (134.55 KiB) Viewed 9108 times