Are downloadable RLV's for TTS3 still available anywhere?

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

JimN
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

My legacy setup still struggles on - VR / Catalyst has kept me going for years. It is only recently that I have realised that it may be possible to use RLV as well - it is not something I have been into. But all the sites that previously have offered this seem to be defunct. Or those that aren't don't answer my request to login.
Is this true?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

JimN wrote:My legacy setup still struggles on - VR / Catalyst has kept me going for years. It is only recently that I have realised that it may be possible to use RLV as well - it is not something I have been into. But all the sites that previously have offered this seem to be defunct. Or those that aren't don't answer my request to login.
Is this true?
There are a number of third-party sellers who market downloadable videos that are compatible with TTS3, TTS4, and other bike software. Many of these can also be run with the older (and free) 32-bit Fortius software. Quality is variable, but some of these are quite good and sold for very reasonable prices. One company in Germany has been selling them for a very long time.

Just do a Google search on Tacx Trainer Software videos.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
JimN
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks Michael. I know it looks like that on first glance .... but when actually explored I have come to a dead end. Can you give links to those that are still active? There is a Danish site https://www.route4u.dk/index.php/forum/ ... ds-now#448 , which looks brilliant, has come to an end and transferred the RLVs to another site .... which seems unaccessible. https://www.lunicus.org/tacx/customRLV.htm looks really good too, but I need walking through the way to download them as I have spent more time than I really should in my attempts
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I sent you a private message. The videos on the Lunicus site (which this forum is part of) work fine. You have to download the video file in parts and reassemble and manually install it in TTS.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
BerthaVision
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: Belgium

It could be because of the cost to give the rides away for free, as an example, I use a S3 server from Amazon which is about the lowest cost server for massive amounts of data. It cost me $860 last month to do a single transfer of the entire HD/UHD collection to the Tacx server. That alone gets you a rough idea that to own a vast collection of online 4K films is massively expensive to deliver to the customer even if its just one & a few beta testers. 1 or 2 small compressed films to a few friends is nothing, but there are probably 20-40,000 TTS4 users out there still.
JimN
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

mcorn wrote:I sent you a private message. The videos on the Lunicus site (which this forum is part of) work fine. You have to download the video file in parts and reassemble and manually install it in TTS.
Thanks for this - and for the videos on the Lunicus site, which would be great to play around with now that the outside season is beginning to close down - if only I could get them working on WinXP. But I am struggling with this. I thought I was onto a winner as I have finally managed to install the whole video file (which I thought was pretty good going for a non IT person like me) but then your TTS installation instructions for Win7 seem to not fit WinXP in that I can't find the TTS RLV folder anywhere. You say that for Win7 it is typically C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTs3\Trainings\RLV. But on WinXP I can find no C:\ProgramData ..... only C:\Program Files\Tacx\TacxTrainersoftware3\Tacx.Data.dll (which I can't open) . There is \Trainer Software, but clicking on that only opens the programme and gets me no further. The RLV folder MUST be somewhere, but where?
Part of the problem is that my training room is a shed in the garden without internet access.
Interested in your past recumbent exploits. I have two, a trike and a low-racer ... actually used for commuting daily out of preference
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper
USER_FLAG: Russia

JimN wrote: The RLV folder MUST be somewhere, but where?
Somewhere here:
C:\Documents and Settings\all users\Application Data\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS3\
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!
JimN
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Alex Masalovich wrote:
JimN wrote: The RLV folder MUST be somewhere, but where?
Somewhere here:
C:\Documents and Settings\all users\Application Data\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS3\
Thanks Alex - found it! And now installed and "working" (but see additional posting re pixellations etc) Sorry for delay in response, I was expecting an email reminder.