TTS4 training with more than 99 routes

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

nickc
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

I thought your readers might be interested in this:-
I transitioned to TTS4 from a COSMOS system. I always like to find the easiest/quickest way of inputting new ride files. On the COSMOS it was simple by using PGMF. When I bought TTS4 and found that this was not a potential route, I enquired through TACX to see if there was a way of inputing data quickly without manually typing it. The response I got was that it couldn't be done. Consequently for the last few years I have been putting data in manually. I ride sportiv events occasionally, and used to have a Google license which allowed me to download a whole route for training. Since the demise of this feature, I have been using .txt downloads from BikeHike and manipulating the data into suitable 99 route chunks. Although this can be done for longer rides, it does compress the data, so resolution is not that great, creating average gradients for longer distances.
A couple of days ago, I was looking at the features remaining in TTS4, and found that programs can be exported as a .TCX file. Looking at this file, it seems complex but is in fact quite simple. So I broke it into chunks, isolating element around the lines containing pertinent data. Manipulating the lines with data, to inset my own data, and combining these together, I found I could generate my own .TCX file and import it into TTS4. This worked fine for runs up to 99, so I wondered whether I could import files beyond this. Using data from a 30 mile run, I was able to import it into TTS4 at a resolution of mainly 0.1 miles, with 287 routes. I have tried running this file but only got to route 87 before I had to stop so don't know what will happen yet when I get to route 100.
Will post again when I have completed this test.
Would anyone find this useful?
nickc
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Have managed to ride a 30 mile 264 'route' ride with no problems whatsoevery (apart from going up the hills :| ). Have programed a 163 mile workout with 1284 'route', but obiously have't ridden this one (yet ;) ).