Why HAS the old forum completely disappeared?!

Tacx Fortius Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

JimN
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Are we allowed to know? My training with Tacx dates back almost twenty years, starting with the Grand Excel. Then gradual and inexpensive upgrades to, finally, TTS3 running on WinXP. I have known for a long time that that will be the end of the line - but it continues to suit me and I continue to have questions. The amount of support on the forum on the subject was massive - is that now completely wasted? Just like that, at the touch of a button? Hard copy was never like that!
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper
USER_FLAG: Russia

At the moment, the old forum has not completely disappeared, as some of its pages are stored in Google's cache.
Add "site:http://forum.tacx.com/" in the search bar. For example:

Code: Select all

Grand Excel site:http://forum.tacx.com/
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

JimN wrote:Are we allowed to know? My training with Tacx dates back almost twenty years, starting with the Grand Excel. Then gradual and inexpensive upgrades to, finally, TTS3 running on WinXP. I have known for a long time that that will be the end of the line - but it continues to suit me and I continue to have questions. The amount of support on the forum on the subject was massive - is that now completely wasted? Just like that, at the touch of a button? Hard copy was never like that!
I have a similar history and agree it was useful, but I suspect participation in the forum was not deemed large enough to warrant the maintenance and oversight. And, of course, Garmin probably has a different vision. Products like the Fortius and TTS software are simply going to the dustbin of history.

I personally like the phpBB system, but I also suspect that in the era of FB and other forms of (anti) social media, phpBB is passe.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

mcorn wrote: but I also suspect that in the era of FB and other forms of (anti) social media,.
Think you are correct here,Mike.A link for this Forum was recently posted on TDA Facebook group
and got a total of only 5 likes including one from me ;)
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
BerthaVision
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: Belgium

I was told the Tacx forum is to be moved (a new one) over to the massive Garmin one, it will mean a lot more moderation from actual support staff which will be great. Im guessing Tacx products will show up here https://forums.garmin.com/
thebigoneinfront
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

Oh. The Garmin forum seems to have turned for the worse with their big update this month. To me, it now is much more like the Garmin online support structure, very much focused on specific products with little overview on more generic issues. Let’s hope Garmin uses that large room for forum improvement they created.