Fortius TTS 4.23

Tacx Fortius Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Renel
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Denmark

Hello
I am a newbie here so please forgive my stupid question. When doing a training I see the text "V.BRK" in a yellow box inside KM/H box down left, it flashes now and again, I think both on accents and descents, What does it tell me?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Renel wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:49 pm Hello
I am a newbie here so please forgive my stupid question. When doing a training I see the text "V.BRK" in a yellow box inside KM/H box down left, it flashes now and again, I think both on accents and descents, What does it tell me?
I think you are referring to TTS4.23 and not the old Fortius software. Anyway, this is referring to "virtual braking". When the demands of the ride go beyond what the brake is capable of simulating (for example, the Flow brake, which is limited in the resistance it can produce), the software adjusts the reported speed for you. At that point, the reported speed by TTS becomes different than the actual wheel speed on your bike - a form of virtual braking.

A simple example is the situation of going up a 10% hill when your brake can only produce enough resistance to make it feel like a 5% hill. The software simply reduces the reported speed accordingly. It is a bit like shifting you into a lower electronic gear.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper
USER_FLAG: Russia

Virtual braking (as opposed to virtual speed) is used for any trainer in sharp turns.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!
Renel
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thank you for good answers.
I do not know the difference mensioned on Fortius software and TTS 4.23. I have a licence from v.2.0, and a 3.0 and is now online updated to 4.23.
I only got this (actually 2pcs fortius trainers) from my bike club. They have had these 2 for 10years+? and not been used for the last 5 years, I have been in this club for 4 years now (in several clubs for 35 years).
The club tried to sell them to members, no responce, then tried to give it away for free, no responce....then again tried to get the members attention and then I and another guy responded, reluctantly :) ( I already had a very old Cateye trainer, not used much, so...)
The day after collecting the trainer the other guy called me and said "my wife do not think that I need this trainer" :D , you can get if you might need some spareparts, so done.
It turned out that it was a good thing because some wires were cut and also the motorhousing was cracked in the swiweling eyelets in one side. I now have a functional trainer :D
Another thing. I would like to upload som gpx files from previous races, to train on. Files are uploaded but will not work without a map, needs a google earth license! I contacted the danish Garmin agent a he send me for free a license number, did not work...he send me another, did not work, and he said I am sorry but I can not do anything for you, fortius not supported anymore...I knew that :( , are the any other workaround, open source maps? I just want the route, does not need google earth 3D?
Regards to all, merry Christmas from Denmark.
sgmack
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi

GPX maps will no longer work in TTS 4 Tacx have turned off their GPS and Multiplayer servers. License server will be turned off 1st Jan
You'll be able to import and ride gpx files but only the profile will show.
Cheers.........Steve
Renel
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi sgmack
Update!, the second license from the Garmin guy did bring me past the google license window, only to see what you describe, the profile only!, no maps...I send a new note to the Garmin guy just playing dumb ( I am ;-) and asking him if there was something else to do.....I am sure you are correct, and anyways servers will be closed very soon so it is a dead end. Are there anyone working with reversed engineering on this software so it could be used with open source maps? maybe it is illegal anyway to do so.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Renel wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:11 pm Hi sgmack
Update!, the second license from the Garmin guy did bring me past the google license window, only to see what you describe, the profile only!, no maps...I send a new note to the Garmin guy just playing dumb ( I am ;-) and asking him if there was something else to do.....I am sure you are correct, and anyways servers will be closed very soon so it is a dead end. Are there anyone working with reversed engineering on this software so it could be used with open source maps? maybe it is illegal anyway to do so.
All versions of TTS are proprietary software. So unless Tacx chooses to liberate this software into the public domain like it did with the old Fortius software that preceded it, it is a deadend. It seems unlikely that Tacx/Garmin will do that. The old Fortius software was not encrypted or protected, so Tacx did not have much choice. It is a shame that people who have invested a lot of money in videos that only work with TTS have no way to use them. Of course, these users do have a valid license to the videos (assuming they purchased them legally), so if someone could figure a way to develop software that would play them, that might be possible. I would think that a very simple player that worked with old Tacx trainers and their proprietary interfaces and communication protocols and lacked all the bells and whistles (no animated VR, GPS, Google Maps, Multiplayer, LAN, data upload, or anything requiring a server) would be an acceptable solution.

Alternatively, if there was some way to create the RLV control files for all these video files that would work with the older Fortius software, people could make use of the videos. In order to use that software, you must have a 32-bit OS, but no kind of Internet connection is required.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
sgmack
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi mcorn

See below a reply i've given on "TTS 4 Status" section...........Cheers Steve

Bottom line is that TTS 4 is now a stand alone product.......So
1) No GPS / Google Earth map will show
2) No Multiplayer of any kind
3) Only able to install Tacx RLV's that do not have an activation code ( third party RLV's install fine )
4) RLV's with GPS can take up to 3 mins to start.....This is solved by disconnecting from internet, then re connecting when RLV starts.
5) All VR courses will work fine ......Including using Tacx embedded opponents
6) All Catalyst / Workout courses will work fine
7) Strava upload should still work.

I'm still keeping alive my Tacx Strava Club even though Multiplayer is now dead.
We meet on Skype then sync up our TTS 4, so we ride together but separately in TTS ...if you see what I mean
https://www.strava.com/clubs/TTic

Cheers.........Steve