Fortius using HR

Tacx Fortius Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Renel
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Denmark

I have a friend that claims that he way back used a Polar HR strap with his Fortius, now he uses ant+....could that be correct? I think that I also saw in here that some tried to use an ALDI strap, dont know whether it worked for him.
I have a number of different straps BT and others, there should also be a receiver somewhere (like the ant+ dongle) or are the T1932 also a receiver?, is my friend correct or was it something he dreamt;-)
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Renel wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:29 pm I have a friend that claims that he way back used a Polar HR strap with his Fortius, now he uses ant+....could that be correct? I think that I also saw in here that some tried to use an ALDI strap, dont know whether it worked for him.
I have a number of different straps BT and others, there should also be a receiver somewhere (like the ant+ dongle) or are the T1932 also a receiver?, is my friend correct or was it something he dreamt;-)
The receiver is in the handlebar controller such as the T1932. Old analog (not digital) HR straps work fine with these various controllers. These are not Bluetooth or ANT compatible.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Renel
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Understand, is there a way, other than trial and error, to determine compatibilty. I have at least 3, from Cardiosport, LIDL, and an old Polar (notBT).
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Renel wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:50 am Understand, is there a way, other than trial and error, to determine compatibilty. I have at least 3, from Cardiosport, LIDL, and an old Polar (notBT).
As I recall the old, inexpensive analog straps used non-encoded 5 KHz transmitters. Polar could be a problem as they often encoded their stuff. Some Polar units transmitter both encoded and non-encoded signals at the same time. I think old Cardiosport were analog, but there are many models. Easy thing to do is test. By the way, these are all subject to a lot of interference.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Renel
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Update to HR strap for fortius T1932.
The Polar t31-Coded strap did work just fine, recognized by the system as a new device :D, bought together with the cheapest polar wrist watch, just for info.
The 2 other straps did not work, could also be lack of battery, have not used them for years, I will check battery.

Completely off topic, where is the fantastic photo with all the hairpins from, on the top here?
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Can't see it fully, but... Passo dello Stelvio ? Or Timmelsjoch ?
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper
USER_FLAG: Russia

Renel wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:16 pm Completely off topic, where is the fantastic photo with all the hairpins from, on the top here?
This is the Stelvio Pass. Photo taken by Gerard Brown.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!
thebigoneinfront
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

Renel wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:16 pmThe Polar t31-Coded strap did work just fine, recognized by the system as a new device :D, bought together with the cheapest polar wrist watch, just for info.
The old Polar T31 was one of those straps that transmit coded and non-coded signals in parallel. Used them for years on my Fortius. If I remember correctly, the newer (or less archaic, as of now) Polar T31 models were coded-only. Swapping the old blue Fortius head unit for the white/blue ring one that came with the Tacx T1925 upgrade and moving to an ANT strap was a major improvement in terms of HR signal stability.
aegis
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

To add another compatible strap, the Suunto DUAL strap which is dual old analogue and ANT compatible (but not ANT+ compatible!) works. On the back of the strap are two symbols for IND and ANT. Ie. it's DUAL compatible but not the two modern standards of ANT+ or Bluetooth.

The DUAL strap came with the M series watches which can be picked up pretty cheaply on eBay, often with a DUAL strap and an ANT+ dongle. About £25 / €25 or so. I bought one last summer for about that. The watch had been used by the strap and dongle were brand new.