Tacx Fortius TTS 2 software error

Tacx Fortius Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Horn
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: South Africa

Hi All,

Please assist, I got an old Taxc Fortius trainer as a gift recently without the software, so I downloaded the TTS 2.02 software and loaded the patches, however I get the following error. Note that I did install VMWARE, and loaded Windows XP SP3.

See errors below, any advise?
Attachments
Error3.JPG
Error3.JPG (29.37 KiB) Viewed 12660 times
error2.JPG
error2.JPG (33.93 KiB) Viewed 12660 times
Error1.JPG
Error1.JPG (33.33 KiB) Viewed 12660 times
Gaizka
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Spain

Hello, I have the same problem.
In the end I had to use another computer with VMware because I can't do anything with what I have. I have tried everything, install any OS switch to HD and I could not do anything.
But now I find the problem that the information is given by the fortius very late, and the RVLs don't work very smoothly.
Have you been able to fix it or do something with it?
Forgive me for my English, I am using a translator
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Looks like two different errors.

Issue 1:
.Net may need updating

Issue 2:
Looks like display settings - are you running it on a PC with an on-board graphics card?
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
Gaizka
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

nzuraw wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:35 pm Looks like two different errors.

Issue 1:
.Net may need updating

Issue 2:
Looks like display settings - are you running it on a PC with an on-board graphics card?
Hello, thanks for answering.
The computer is a sony vaio laptop, in which until a few weeks ago everything worked and one day, it started giving that error and I have not managed to do anything about it.
Do you know what else I can try?
Thank you!
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Check the TTS2 logs.

Is it running Windows 10 - could be one of the updates?

Can you use System Restore (if using Windows 10) to go back to a time when it was working?
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
Gaizka
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

SOLVED !!
The problem is with the graphics card drivers.
By installing the corresponding drivers, everything works perfectly except the multiplayer, which I can't get to connect to the network.
I hope this helps you solve your problem.
Thank you very much!
On the other hand, is there an option to download the free tacx trainer software 4 for the fortius multiplayer?
Thank you very much!
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Gaizka wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:05 pmBy installing the corresponding drivers, everything works perfectly except the multiplayer, which I can't get to connect to the network.
Tacx shutdown the applicable servers for internet based LAN Racing, but according to a reply in the TTS 4 Multiplayer thread, if you disconnect from the network before launching TTS 4, then Private LAN Multiplayer will work allowing you to ride/race with someone in on the same local network as your computer.
Gaizka
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hello, has anyone managed to connect the Fortius to the Strava? If so, how is it done? Thank you!
aegis
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Gaizka wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:27 am Hello, has anyone managed to connect the Fortius to the Strava? If so, how is it done? Thank you!
Not directly but if you go into the Fortius Analyser software you can export activities as .HRM files. Then use https://polarconverter.com and it will convert the .HRM to .TCX which you can upload to Strava manually.
Petr
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Czech Republic

Horn wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:38 pm Hi All,

Please assist, I got an old Taxc Fortius trainer as a gift recently without the software, so I downloaded the TTS 2.02 software and loaded the patches, however I get the following error. Note that I did install VMWARE, and loaded Windows XP SP3.

See errors below, any advise?
Hi guys.
Just a question was somehow solved this error?
I did some archeological attempts and I tried to revive an old Tacx Fortius. And I found a dusty PC with WinXP.
I tried to directly install TTS 2 into them, but I ended up with exactly that mistake, what Horn described so I wonder if anyone solved it.
Thanks.
Petr
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi all.
I moved further. Installed VMW Player then Win XP. Then TTS 2 plus upgrades. Well and it looks it works. Almost. The software doesn t communicate with my HW: motorbrake T1941 and head ubs unit T1932. I do not know at all how to test the hw. Any suggestions?
Thanks
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Petr wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:51 pm Hi all.
I moved further. Installed VMW Player then Win XP. Then TTS 2 plus upgrades. Well and it looks it works. Almost. The software doesn t communicate with my HW: motorbrake T1941 and head ubs unit T1932. I do not know at all how to test the hw. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Do any of the LED's on the head unit light up? The yellow one at the top indicates power, the green one below the yellow indicates a connection to the PC, and the red one on the lower right indicates a connection to an analog heart rate monitor.

If the yellow LED is not on, there is something wrong with the USB port on the computer, the USB cable, or the head unit. If those things are okay, then it is likely the driver is not correctly installed, You can go into the Windows Control Panel to see if the head unit is recognized, but not connected, which is typically a driver installation issue.

Sometimes older head units have corrosion inside from sweat and moisture as they were not well-sealed.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Petr
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi again.
Ok. My fault. Cable between unit and motorbrake was not wired properly. :-(
It works. Almost. Catalyst is fine and RLV as well. But virtual reality does not work. It is loaded but when I start pedalling nothing happens. Strange. Maybe something wrong in settings?
Thnks for suggestions
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Petr wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:17 pm Hi again.
Ok. My fault. Cable between unit and motorbrake was not wired properly. :-(
It works. Almost. Catalyst is fine and RLV as well. But virtual reality does not work. It is loaded but when I start pedalling nothing happens. Strange. Maybe something wrong in settings?
Thnks for suggestions
I had the impression that your head unit was not doing anything. I should have mentioned that the 6 conductor cable between the head unit and the brake that looks like a telephone connector has odd wiring. Unlike most phone cables, it is straight-through (no cross-overs). You should be aware that the brake will stop if the cadence sensor is not working correctly.

Most VR problems are caused by low PC resources, like a weak video card or insufficient video memory. As I recall, you can change resource allocations in VMWare.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA