LAN RACING FORTIUS MULTIPLAYER

Tacx Fortius Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

nachonu
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Spain

Good night, finally in the face of the impossibility of activating tts4, I have decided to return to the fortius, for what I want to serve well, I already have two pc with the installation finished, it works well.
the only problem I have with the program, is that I wanted to compete between the two pcs, using a private LAN, and when trying to activate it the fortius tries to connect to the tacx server, not to find it and lets activate the private LAN, to be able to compete with each other at home.
does anyone know how to turn on multiplayer to compete in private LAN, without connecting to the server?

Thank´s :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I seem to recall that the Lanracing function in the Fortius software required the Tacx server to work. But it has been a long time since I tried it.

I do have a Fortius multiplayer settings manual (English version). If you want, I can send it to you by email. It is about a 1 Mb file.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
nachonu
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thank you, manual I have one, anyway my email is ignaciocacers@yahoo.es, in my manual it says that you do not need the server, but after activation, for the activation with if necessary, I do not know if with any file of someone who activated it could recognize the sotfware that is activated, and let me run in LAN RACING.
wilf
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Germany

Have you made any changes to the firewall, router, etc.?

The TTS4 multiplayer works without servers, but you need to make the changes. Sometimes there are difficulties with the security software on a PC.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

nachonu wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:35 am Thank you, manual I have one, anyway my email is ignaciocacers@yahoo.es, in my manual it says that you do not need the server, but after activation, for the activation with if necessary, I do not know if with any file of someone who activated it could recognize the sotfware that is activated, and let me run in LAN RACING.
Tried to send you the LAN configuration instructions, but got the following bounce-back message: "This user doesn't have a yahoo.es account"
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
nachonu
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

wilf wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:26 pmThe TTS4 multiplayer works without servers, but you need to make the changes.
Based on my research, I do not think that is the case. In mid March, before the Tacx license servers were turned off for the last time at the beginning of the month, the wife and I did a couple of VR private LAN rides. What I discovered from reviewing the Tacx logs was that when you start a private LAN race, TTS contacts he Tacx servers and uploads a copy of the selected course file then in turn queries for other computers running TTS on your network. Once the discovery is complete, if the other computers do not have the course, then the Tacx servers downloads the required file(s) to the other computers, after which that computer is added to the participant list on the host computer. I had planned to perform an Ethernet trace of the process to see if I could capture things like the hand shake between my computer and the Tacx server as well as the payloads exchanged, but did not have time as I suspected it would not be difficult to write some code to mock the Tacx server in the local network, but without the trace, there would be a lot of guesswork.
wilf
USER_FLAG: Germany

I my tests with a non(internet)connected router and switch it worked successfully.

I tried VR both PC's with advanced installations.
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

wilf wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:18 pmmy tests with a non(internet)connected router and switch it worked successfully.
Ah, now that is a scenario I had not considered as our computers are obviously connected to the interwebz. 8-)
v32det
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi gents I have a similar question if I may. I have 2 x fortius setups running fortius 2.3. They both run well using win7 but unfortunately I recently reinstalled both instances as 1. I hadent used them for ages and 2. my old PC went pop ages ago. I now have a similar issue to the TTS4 guys were iam unable to validate against dead servers. As I mentioned the standalone machine work well but i can no longer play "local lan" as i get the NO REGISTRATION INFO etc. million dollar question can this initial step be bypassed with and clever tools. This software is over a decade old so surely someone has found a way. I only want to play local multiplayer so why do i req servers online. Cheers Dave
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

My suggestion is to apply WILF's workaround - disconnect from the internet then start TTS on applicable computers on the same network and retry to start a Private LAN Multiplayer race.