Fortius software help

Tacx Fortius Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

hutchjudge
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi and thanks for adding me to the forum, i have been given an old Tacx flow i-magic trainer, i have downloaded the Fortius software and the 2 patches from the LUNICAS website to an old 32 bit laptop and had a bit of a test ride and all seems to work OK so far.

Please bear with me hear as im not the most technically minded when it comes to computers, can i also download some RLV videos from this website and add them to the program ?

if yes please can someone help with how i do this ?

Also is there anything else i should be doing or any further downloads i need / may like ?

Thanks Hutch
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

There are a number of sources of videos compatible with the old Fortius software (also called the "Blue" software). If the video you get does not have an automatic installer (many do not), you need to manually install 3 files for each video. I think there should already be a demo video file that has already been installed, so you can see what is meant by the following. Do not change the names of the files or the folder locations.

1. Copy the .rlv file in C:\Program files\TacxFortius\catalyst\video\[name of video].rlv
2. Copy the .pgmf file in C:\Program files\TacxFortius\catalyst\pgmf\[name of video].pgmf
3. Copy the video file in C:\Program files\TacxFortius\catalyst\video\[name of video]\[name of video].avi

There are some free videos on this website, although some do not appear to have all 3 files and some are incorrectly labeled "rar" when they are simply "pgmf" files.

https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/custom-rlvs/

The Goettingen downloads look like they are complete, so try that one. You need to download both the video file and the Fortius file, which is a zip file with both the rlv and pgmf files in it.

Hope this helps. There are many sources of reasonably priced videos that will work. Here are a couple of links:

https://www.wagenvoort.net/tv/training-videos.php
https://www.reallifevideo.de/aktuell.php?lang=en
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

mcorn wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:43 am There are some free videos on this website, although some do not appear to have all 3 files and some are incorrectly labeled "rar" when they are simply "pgmf" files.
Oops that will be me! I'll change that shortly.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

nzuraw wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:32 pm
mcorn wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:43 am There are some free videos on this website, although some do not appear to have all 3 files and some are incorrectly labeled "rar" when they are simply "pgmf" files.
I notice that most of these free videos do not a *.rlv file, which is necessary for them to work with the Fortius software. Seems like they used to have this file along with a *.pgmf and *.avi file.
Michael Corn
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager

mcorn wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:48 am
nzuraw wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:32 pm
I notice that most of these free videos do not a *.rlv file, which is necessary for them to work with the Fortius software. Seems like they used to have this file along with a *.pgmf and *.avi file.
Crikey, not doing too well am I :p Need more coffee I think! or perhaps I should just get on my bike :lol:
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager

Just checked the free RLVs, a couple don't have files for the Fortius (never had those). All the others seem fine. I just downloaded the xxxxPGMF.rar file - in each file is the .pgmf and .rlv file.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

nzuraw wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:43 am Just checked the free RLVs, a couple don't have files for the Fortius (never had those). All the others seem fine. I just downloaded the xxxxPGMF.rar file - in each file is the .pgmf and .rlv file.
So, I just downloaded Devils ElbowsPGMF.rar and tried to open it with 7-zip, which handles rar files. (Get the same thing with Mt. Baw Baw as well.)

Devils Elbow RAR Error Message.png
Devils Elbow RAR Error Message.png (15.52 KiB) Viewed 14281 times
Michael Corn
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager

Oh!? I just downloaded it using WinRar and it opened fine. I guess it could be file compression? I created the .rar files with WinRar. They are the same files that were on the site before the revamp (same location too). So this must be a recent issue with the file? I'll recreate them as .zip files.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

nzuraw wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:26 pm Oh!? I just downloaded it using WinRar and it opened fine. I guess it could be file compression? I created the .rar files with WinRar. They are the same files that were on the site before the revamp (same location too). So this must be a recent issue with the file? I'll recreate them as .zip files.
So, I just installed the trial version of WinRar and it was able to unpack your file. I've never had 7-zip not be able to decompress a Rar file file. Any possibility there is a setting option in WinRar that makes it incompatible with other decompression programs?
Michael Corn
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

nzuraw wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:57 pmCrikey, not doing too well am I :p
And here I thought that was one of those expressions that was only used by movies or Steve Irwin. :mrgreen:
hutchjudge
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks for your help, ive copied the Goettingen files across but when i open the Fortius Software it list the video on the course section but says video not found insert the DVD......
Any idea what im doing wrong ?

Thanks jason
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

hutchjudge wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:35 pm Thanks for your help, ive copied the Goettingen files across but when i open the Fortius Software it list the video on the course section but says video not found insert the DVD......
Any idea what im doing wrong ?

Thanks jason
You probably do not have the *.avi video file in the wrong location or something is misnamed. The *.rlv file encodes the location where the *.avi is found. There is a specific file structure used for the Fortius software. There used to be some utility programs that could be used to diagnose and change file names and locations. When you installed the Fortius software, there should be at least one demo video. If you look at the folder structure, you will see how videos are installed and named.
Michael Corn
aegis
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

The util to edit the video file location is called 'PatchTacx' btw. It's a Java app. I found it via http://balanse.info/rulletour/stages/

It's quite a cool stage race ran by some Norwegian riders. Some of the stages are RLV, some using the Tacx VR routes.

There's a link in the text for RLV/PGMF files for their stages. There's no video unfortunately though hunt around for the filenames and you'll probably find them online. Some are freeware.

The second link is to PatchTacx.