Help on transfering Fortius TTS4.23 sw and all data/setting to new laptop

Tacx Fortius Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

yan
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi, I have the Fortius TTS4.23 sw running fine on an old laptop which is now having a few other issues and would like to transfer the sw and all the recorded user data and settings/films (two user sets of data) to a newer laptop. It was a while ago and I think TTS4 was an online ungrade direct from Tacx so I dont have a copy of the install sw. Also not sure on TTS4 passwords as these are stored and it has run like this for the last 3 or 4yrs.

Plan is to eventually to get this running with zwift so any help woul dbe most appreciated..
Thanks
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

How do I move TTS4 to another computer? Note that you will need to scroll down the page to the named section.
yan
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks....
yan
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi, have been trying to transfer TTS4 to another laptop and followed the instructions link above.
When I try and launch TTS4 on the new laptop I get license errors (see att).

All seemed fine during the change-over except when you get to point below 3. regarding copying the old licenses to the new laptop as there is only one license file in the old (and new) latop? Copied tts4.lic correctly but there is no tts4b.lic on either laptop?

Installation on new Computer
1. Change the name of the computer to match the pre-activated license computers name
2. Install the TTS 4.23 software and 4.23.1 patch
3. Delete the two new license files (tts4.lic and tts4b.lic) created by TTS4, located in C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\
4. Copy your pre-activated license files into the same folder

Wondered if anyone else had had this problem?
Thanks
Attachments
TTS4 license errors
TTS4 license errors
tacx.PNG (85.51 KiB) Viewed 22701 times
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

That's normal - the Online Multiplayer servers are offline and the Google Map integration became a licensed thing when Google pushed the cost up.

Local (i.e. your home network) multiplayer will work if you have two or more trainers on the network. The RLVs, VR Worlds etc, will still work
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
yan
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi, I dont get this warning on the original laptop and the warning "not possible to continue" doesnt sound good.
If I do continue I get a license page? Suspect its not picking up the license files for some reason?
tacx_v2.PNG
tacx_v2.PNG (196 KiB) Viewed 22690 times
yan
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi, Just wondered if anywon has anymore ideas.

Ive removed the s/w and repeated the process and still get the same "Apply activation code" message?
Really desperate to get this sorted now as the old laptop is so slow and about to die!!!

Any help would be most appreciated...

Thanks
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

yan wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:39 am Hi, Just wondered if anywon has anymore ideas.

Ive removed the s/w and repeated the process and still get the same "Apply activation code" message?
Really desperate to get this sorted now as the old laptop is so slow and about to die!!!

Any help would be most appreciated...

Thanks
Honestly, I was very skeptical that this method would work because it would be a major loophole in the license protection system. I never tried it, so cannot say from personal experience if it works. But other people who are pretty competent swear by this method, so I am assuming it does work. So, there are a couple of things I would be check to be absolutely sure you are doing them correctly. First, be sure the name you are using for the new computer is absolutely identical as the original computer, including capitalizations. Second, follow the instructions exactly, which I think means not doing a new install, but instead you are copying the folders from the old computer to the new one. Finally, I am not sure if it matters that the old and new computers both have the same 32-bit or 64-bit OS. Going from a 32-bit to a 64-bit OS might make a difference.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager

As long as the new computer is set up the same as the old computer it will work.

Computer name must be the same.
Location of the TTS application on the hard drive must be the same too!

I tried it last night on a Windows Sandbox PC
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

nzuraw wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:37 pm As long as the new computer is set up the same as the old computer it will work.

Computer name must be the same.
Location of the TTS application on the hard drive must be the same too!

I tried it last night on a Windows Sandbox PC
Nic-

You are doing this by copying over all the required folders and files and not by doing a new install with the 4.23 install file. Am I correct.? It sounded from his description that he might have been trying to do a new install.
Michael Corn
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager

Fresh install of TTS4.23.1 and then copied my licenses, *.tts files and history over.

Though reading through the previous posts, Yan mentioned
Finally, I am not sure if it matters that the old and new computers both have the same 32-bit or 64-bit OS. Going from a 32-bit to a 64-bit OS might make a difference.
Not sure if this would have an impact.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

nzuraw wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:02 pm Fresh install of TTS4.23.1 and then copied my licenses, *.tts files and history over.

Though reading through the previous posts, Yan mentioned
Finally, I am not sure if it matters that the old and new computers both have the same 32-bit or 64-bit OS. Going from a 32-bit to a 64-bit OS might make a difference.
Not sure if this would have an impact.
That was my comment. I was hoping you would know.
Michael Corn
mickyduck
First Bike with trainer wheels

This does work just done it on both our new computers at home with two different .LIC files . Installed new software from links on here, deleted old .LIC files copied in new ones then copied over training and setting folder... BUT when asked did I want to replace files that were there I said no so only copied over my extra configuration so my user settings were restored as were Susans. If we had known about this many years ago would only have needed to purchase one license :D
yan
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi Thanks for the reply.
Just checking a few things and found that the old computer name in "system" (is user-pc) so is actually different to the computer name that appears when you logon (home).
Whereas the new computer name in system is "home" for both logon and in system.

Tried changing the new one to user-pc, but it wont allow two computers with he same name, possibly because they're on the same wifi.

Also the new pc is a 64bit operating sys / processor, whereas the old one is 32bit operating sys / 64bit processor, but thats one of the main reasons for upgrading as the pc is quicker.
Has anyone else found swapping from 32bit to 64bit an issue?

Will have a play around with the settings.
Now Ive spotted the compter name issue issue, if I manage to change the new pc name to match the old pc will I have to reinstall teh s/w again?
Thanks
mickyduck

As far as I am aware changing the name will be enough, no requirement to reinstall
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

yan wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:46 am Hi Thanks for the reply.
Just checking a few things and found that the old computer name in "system" (is user-pc) so is actually different to the computer name that appears when you logon (home).
Whereas the new computer name in system is "home" for both logon and in system.

Tried changing the new one to user-pc, but it wont allow two computers with he same name, possibly because they're on the same wifi.

Also the new pc is a 64bit operating sys / processor, whereas the old one is 32bit operating sys / 64bit processor, but thats one of the main reasons for upgrading as the pc is quicker.
Has anyone else found swapping from 32bit to 64bit an issue?

Will have a play around with the settings.
Now Ive spotted the compter name issue issue, if I manage to change the new pc name to match the old pc will I have to reinstall teh s/w again?
Thanks
I think most systems will allow 2 PC's with the same name in the network. They still have other ID's (MAC addresses) that distinguish them. It's just that it can be hard for you to tell the difference between them on the network listing. Note that computer name is not the name used to login. And it is not the workgroup. You change the computer name in Control Panel - System - Change settings (to the right of "Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings") - Change. Or you can type in systempropertiesadvanced.exe in the search box and select the computer name tab.

And if having 2 PC's with the same name really is a problem in your network, then change the name of the other PC.
Michael Corn
TomND
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Yan, did you ever get this to work?

I also have not been able to find the second tts4b.lic license file in the setup on my old laptop, only the tts4.lic file. Am I missing something? Is it located elsewhere?
mickyduck

TomND wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:51 pm Yan, did you ever get this to work?

I also have not been able to find the second tts4b.lic license file in the setup on my old laptop, only the tts4.lic file. Am I missing something? Is it located elsewhere?
You delete the new TTS4.LIc and TTS4B.lic
Copy in your existing TTS4.lic..... the other file is not required
Scoobster
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

make sure you can see "hidden" folders.

The lic files are located in a hidden map called Appdata\Tacx
Brave Lee Flea
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Scoobster wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:33 pm make sure you can see "hidden" folders.

The lic files are located in a hidden map called Appdata\Tacx
Is that correct? On Windows 10, my tts4.lic file is located in:

C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4

This might be different on older versions of windows maybe? Possibly below the folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager

The Lic. files are always located in: C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

Hello
I have done this rebuild on a win 10 64 bit and also on my win 7 32 bit system. Just for testing reasons. Building done with the original DVD from Tacx.
I can confirm: They both work.

MTB