real life video disable

Tacx Fortius Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

jackB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

First I want to say thank you to this forum . Thanks to this I kept my old fortius running .
But I tried 3 times now no install it on a "new "pc and it works and when i install official tacx rlv "s it works too but after installing video's of real-life -video.nl
the tacx videos stop showing the video . including the demo's .
Is it me doing something wrong ? (most likely , me being not too good with computers)
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

jackB wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:36 pm First I want to say thank you to this forum . Thanks to this I kept my old fortius running .
But I tried 3 times now no install it on a "new "pc and it works and when i install official tacx rlv "s it works too but after installing video's of real-life -video.nl
the tacx videos stop showing the video . including the demo's .
Is it me doing something wrong ? (most likely , me being not too good with computers)
Which software are you using for your old Fortius trainer (the early Fortius software or the later Tacx Trainer Software)?
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
jackB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

I use the tts4 program downloaded from this site . Already had it officially the old PC died but could transfer the tacx to another one .
But I tried it a few times now and the tacx rlv don't want to coexcist with other rlv .
At least what happens is as long as I install only tacx rlv no problems but as soon as I start installing other rlv the tacx rlv stop showing video .
Pretty sure it's something stupid my side . But in these times the old tacx is a saviour for me and get used 5 times a week .
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

jackB wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:33 am I use the tts4 program downloaded from this site . Already had it officially the old PC died but could transfer the tacx to another one .
But I tried it a few times now and the tacx rlv don't want to coexcist with other rlv .
At least what happens is as long as I install only tacx rlv no problems but as soon as I start installing other rlv the tacx rlv stop showing video .
Pretty sure it's something stupid my side . But in these times the old tacx is a saviour for me and get used 5 times a week .
To be honest, I never had this kind of problem. Using third-party videos with a working installation of TTS4 should be very straightforward. I assume you are using the last available version of TTS4 (4.23 plus the 4.23.1 patch)

I found the best way to install third-party videos was doing a manual install by copying the *.tts control file and the video file to the correct folders rather than using an automatic installer provided by the third-party seller. There should be instructions with the video for how to do a manual install.

Sometimes codec packs installed by third-party problems cause problems as well in TTS.

Finally, have you tried to switching to Video Player 1 in TTS settings. Sometimes this helps.

You could try some free third-party videos to see if they do not cause problems. You can find some on this website:

https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/custom-rlvs/
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA