Fortius motor brake calibration

Tacx Fortius Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

lazyjones77
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

Hi at all, i just converted from the classic i-magic brake to the fortius motor brake and identified that the power readings are not that accurate. I tried to use the "calibrate"-featrue within the blue software but i always get an error during calibration process. Has anyone a hint for me? Is it possible to edit the config setting manually? i found an XML with an calibration entry but editing this file didn't succeed.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

lazyjones77 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:40 pm Hi at all, i just converted from the classic i-magic brake to the fortius motor brake and identified that the power readings are not that accurate. I tried to use the "calibrate"-featrue within the blue software but i always get an error during calibration process. Has anyone a hint for me? Is it possible to edit the config setting manually? i found an XML with an calibration entry but editing this file didn't succeed.
I am assuming that the calibration process starts (the rear wheel turns for 10 seconds or so and then rolls to stop). If it is doing this but you get an error, it usually means the tension is either too little or too much.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
lazyjones77
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

in comparison to the brake i used before, the tension seems to be perfect. The tire doesn't slip while i am riding but has not to much pressure. But i will try to calibrate with higher tension applied to the tire...
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

lazyjones77 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:50 pm in comparison to the brake i used before, the tension seems to be perfect. The tire doesn't slip while i am riding but has not to much pressure. But i will try to calibrate with higher tension applied to the tire...
Make very small changes at a time, no more than a quarter turn. As I recall, turning it counterclockwise increases the tension. Be sure to disengage the brake when adjusting tension. I used to also put a reference mark on the tension knob. Also, be sure your tire pressure is kept the same. For a road tire, I would have at least 120 psi. I used to go up to 140 psi while using a trainer tire.
Michael Corn
Pernel
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

What if the brake shows zero miles an hour while calibration, but works when running a workout or vr?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Pernel wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:03 pm What if the brake shows zero miles an hour while calibration, but works when running a workout or vr?
Don't really understand the question. When you start calibration on the Fortius, it should self-motor after briefing touching the pedal. It will run for a few seconds by itself and then roll to a stop. This is different than the Imagic/Flow, where you have to pedal by yourself and get the unit up to a certain speed before stopping.
Michael Corn
Pernel
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

There is no speed being seen/ showing when I try to calibrate. Yes I’m pedaling fast enough to go at least 16 mph. Then calibration times out. Speed cadence and power all work well doing a workout or VR.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Pernel wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:25 am There is no speed being seen/ showing when I try to calibrate. Yes I’m pedaling fast enough to go at least 16 mph. Then calibration times out. Speed cadence and power all work well doing a workout or VR.
Are you sure you have a Fortius brake and not an Imagic/Flow? When you calibrate the Fortius, you do not pedal. Speed does not matter. It powers itself to the correct speed without any pedaling by you. Something is off in your description. Is this the trainer you have:
Fortius trainer.jpg
Fortius trainer.jpg (23.24 KiB) Viewed 8223 times
Michael Corn