Using the Fortius

Tacx Fortius Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

MrDodo
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

Hi,

I've recently dug up my old Fortius trainer, and wanted to start indoor cycling again. Problem is, I haven't got a running installation of the trainer software anymore, since I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 without reinstalling and activating the trainer software. I still have an installation files of TTs3 plus the registration key. I read the installation server is down, though.

I wonder if there is still a way to get working software for the Fortius, so I can start using it again. I also have some RLV's that I would like to use.

Cheers,
Frank
mickyduck
First Bike with trainer wheels
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

The standard answer here is the fortius software is freely available so that will work and play your older RLV, plenty of info on here about it
As an alternative there is mention on here in places about Fotius ANT and I have been using and testing "Golden Cheetah" recently which will also play your RLV. It works fine for me but Im not a serious cyclist any more. It can be fiddly to set up the driver as it is not digitally signed ...... and there is no calibration at present so you would need some means of calibration (I still use TTS as well so calibrate here)
The fortius option is more straight forward
MrDodo
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

Thanks, I'll DL the fortius software and take it from there.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

This website has a page devoted to this. If by chance you have a 32-bit OS, you don't need to use VMWare.

https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/fortius-software/
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA