How to activate Tacx Training Software 3.0

Tacx Fortius Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

DavidB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Yes I know it's 'vintage' but I just want to get my old Fortius running again before I decide to buy a new trainer.
I have everything, all of the trainer parts, a Windows laptop with XP and a copy of the software loaded , the disc & the serial number.
However the sofware needs an activation code to launch - and that comes from Tacx who don't support it any more.
Anyone know how I can activate this?
mickyduck
First Bike with trainer wheels
First Bike with trainer wheels

Unless you have an activated .LIC these are the options..
FortiusANT
Fortius software
Golden Cheetah
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=483
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

If you have a proper key for the TTS3 you can activate TTS3 with your key in the popup when starting the software. TTS automatically recognizes that the server is not online and asks you for the registration key given per mail. Give in the same key for this offline registration. So twice in total TTS will activate however won't be able to write a activation bit in the lic file as the server is down. Your key is written. You can check this in the help menu. But it will say: Activation required
The next time you start TTS3 just press next bypassing the registration screen.
You might have to set the date of your computer to 2010 or the timeframe TTS3 was launched in advance.

This works in TTS4 but you can try it with TTS3 as you have nothing to lose.

MTB
DavidB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks guys!

I got a version of TTS2 downloaded from here working.
It's clunky so I'd rather get TTS3 working or get a copy of TTS4 - so still working on that.

I'm also looking at FortiusANT to see if it works and how Zwift will work with a Fortius.
Do you think the old Fortius (which cost me about £800 10 years) ago is a physically superior trainer to a current Fortius Flow Smart?
ie if I got Zwift working with it would the Fortius actually be better than the Flow? (I'm thinking it must have been expensive for a reason)

Also - I now I have another problem...
I snapped the cadence sensor cable - it wrapped round my pedal ...
I tried to repair it but TTS2 keeps saying 'no cadence detected' so I assume it didn't work
I tried to source a replacement online but its out of stock everywhere and nothing on eBay either
Any idea where I can get one or is there another sensor that would work just the same?

Thanks
David
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I had a Fortius. While it does have certain desirable features like downhill motoring and a large power band, overall I would classify this as a nightmare piece of hardware which was unbelievably over-complicated for what it was trying to do. It had many problems in my experience.

I've owned the classic Flow (Imagic) and a Flow Smart and I am a big fan due to its simplicity, reliability, and price. The main thing that high level cyclists might not like is its power simulation is fairly limited when it comes to steep climbs, but you still get a good workout. It has a similar design to the CompuTrainer Racermate which sort of owned the market for many years and which many high level cyclists trained with. Here is a review of the Flow Smart:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/04/tac ... eview.html
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
DavidB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I got the cadence sensor to work by fiddling with the wires.

So and Abe to run TTS2

Still would like to run TTS3 - but I still need the Activation code - I have the License no. but not an Activation code,

Where can I get an Activation code - or a template for how its meant to be so I ca just make one up?!!!
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

DavidB wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:36 pm
Still would like to run TTS3 - but I still need the Activation code - I have the License no. but not an Activation code,

Where can I get an Activation code - or a template for how its meant to be so I ca just make one up?!!!
You need to browse the forum on activation of TTS, which is basically not possible anymore, which is why you have to safeguard a working installation.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA