goldencheetah

Zwift Online VR Training

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

hpezelj
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Croatia

I don't have the ability to add a new topic under the trainer software, so I'm adding it here, I didn't find it on the forum, I'm interested in experiences with goldencheetah, what are the experiences with version 3.6, what is the compatibility with tacx trainers (if there are problems), if anyone has a simple manual for beginners to use goldencheetah (setting initial settings, creating workouts, enabling streetview, how to insert video routes, etc). thanks
Hrvoje Pezelj
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe
mickyduck
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

I use both GC and TTS4 with a Fortius trainer.

TTS4 is better for this old wired trainer and GC is a little tricky to set up for this model. Supposedly it works well with all the smart trainers. After saying that the help and response to issues is fantastic.

I am using the latest snapshot build specifically because there have been some recent changes for my fortius and the training layout screen is being regularly updated / modified.

There is a ton of documentation on the web with some tutorials but they are a little out of date. I suggest you join the google group and search for any specific queries you have. Ale (one of the developers) provides better help responses than any IT support I have ever dealt with....

Its quite easy to get started with but does require some time to get sorted as you want it.

I plays all of the TACX RLV provided you have the AVI and TTS file. The sufferfest workouts are all available as are lots of workouts.. I have never designed one myself but it seem pretty straight forward.

Mark the main author is also very active and recently there has been some serious input for some new contributors.

So as I said my old wired trainer is better with TTS4, I like the VR.. but if you have a more modern trainer or a power meter it should work well for you
hpezelj
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

thanks a lot for the information, i use tacx flow smart, i am new to indoor cycling (only three weeks), so far i have done close to 900km so i have gotten to know the tacx desktop app quite a bit. I am satisfied. for now I'm just driving, I'm planning after the new year with planned trainings, so I'm still researching.
Hrvoje Pezelj
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe
mickyduck

GC has plenty of scientific chats etc I don't know about TDA (I have never used it) but I export my data from TTS4 and import it into GC , If export is possible from TDA that may be a good way for you to start analysing your rides and let you get to know and experiment with GC.
There are quite a lot of formats that can be imported. I use ".FIT" for my rowing data (Concept 2) and ".HRM "for my TTS data
hpezelj
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

unfortunately i don't have tts4 but i will play around with goldencheetah and explore the possibilities. thanks again for the info and tips, linux apps has always had fast and good support
Hrvoje Pezelj
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe
mickyduck

Sorry i meant if you can export data from TDA you could load in GC
GC will synchronise with Strava
hpezelj
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

:thumbsup: yes, I understood. I wanted to say that I don't have the opportunity to try tts4, because I would love to drive a large part of that video collection. with files for goldencheetah i think i should have no problem. After each ride in TDA I get into the TCX format. TCX is very similar to FIT. Also my TDA syncs with Strava after each ride.
Hrvoje Pezelj
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe
mickyduck

My statement above about GC not working so well with the wired trainers is now incorrect, the version which can be downloaded from the link below works very well with my Fortius. Does not suffer as much from the judder that you can get at low cadence using TTS and it is still being developed.

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Joern-R ... /artifacts