TDA & Ant+

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

aasengen@gmail.com
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Norway

I have TDA on my Lenove computer and the ANT+ antenna have no connection to the program.
When i'm loading swift for checking, this works fine with the ANT+ antenna.
Have enywone a clue why the antenna not will work with TDA?

Tom
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

aasengen@gmail.com wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:03 pm I have TDA on my Lenove computer and the ANT+ antenna have no connection to the program.

Tom
That is weird, I can only think that the Ant+ dongle is at fault. But logically, seeing it work in Zwift discounts that. Is there any chance you can borrow another Ant+ stick and try it?
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
aasengen@gmail.com
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Norway

nzuraw wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:27 pm
aasengen@gmail.com wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:03 pm I have TDA on my Lenove computer and the ANT+ antenna have no connection to the program.

Tom
That is weird, I can only think that the Ant+ dongle is at fault. But logically, seeing it work in Zwift discounts that. Is there any chance you can borrow another Ant+ stick and try it?
I have two Ant+ antenna and both of them is not working. I will try a third later.
mcinner1
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Austria

I once had TTs4 on my laptop with the Tacx ANT+ antenna.
When installing TDA I did not delete anything of TTs and my TDA worked with the TTs4 antenna via ANT+.
(Meanwhile I disconnected it and use Bluetooth - but it worked!)
So - if you are an old Tacx user - maybe you have this antenna in stock?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I hope users of ANT+ realize that when ANT+ connects to a sensor, it does not show on the Device screen the same way it does with a BT sensor. You do not see the connection until you leave the Device screen and start using it on a ride. It is a quirk in the Device screen on ANT+ sensors. This is covered elsewhere on this forum.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Kitno10
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Belgium

installing the 32-version of the C++ redistributable did the trick.
https://download.microsoft.com/download ... st_x86.exe
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager

Kitno10 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:43 am installing the 32-version of the C++ redistributable did the trick.
https://download.microsoft.com/download ... st_x86.exe
Interesting, good find - how'd you work that one out?
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
Pyridin
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Dear all,

after searching endlessly I finally found a solution for the greyed out ANT+ symbol (Windows 10, TacX Neo 2T, TacX ANT+ antenna). After connecting to my USB ports the drivers that are or are not installed did not correctly recognize the dongle. One youtube video pointed me to an dropbox file containing the right drivers with full instructions (I think they are for developers) how to install them.
After restarting TAD - voila the antenna symbol is finally green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkbKohO ... gerSchmitz (Dropbox link below is found in the comments)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqylzy9hp82fd ... s.zip?dl=0

Here are the links - I hope this might help somebody in the future!

Best wishes! :)
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Very odd you had this problem. It's almost like some other program did something to the driver installation on your PC as these drivers are very old (2012). The ANT+ technology and drivers have been around for a while.
Michael Corn
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager

Agree with Mcorn. Looking at the ANT+ files in the link you posted. These are not the same as the ones that are installed from an old copy of the Bkool software for example. Microsoft updates did not suggest their latest drivers (which I have installed on my pc). So it does look like something else had installed the offending ones.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
Pyridin
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hey!

Well my windows (10) unfortunately installed wrong (or no) drivers when I plugged in my dongle - the green lamp lit up but there was no connection. Furthermore the dongle was marked as problem case in the device manager. While looking online I found some drivers from 2012 which upon installation didnt solve the problem (these are afaik also the one that are in some cases automatically installed by window). These ones that I found on the YT video were the only helpful ones. Idk if there is an official link from TacX or ANT(+) with the uptodate drivers which are easily accessible.

Best,
P
honza_81
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Czech Republic

Hi all,
I have simillar problem. I bought ANT+ dongle on Ebay (white cycplus). Zwift, Rouvy is working OK, but the f... Tacx app cant't find any ANT+ sensor, even if ANT+ icon is green - ANT+ available. I tried thu online support, but they talk to me like I was a monkey :oops: . Does anyone solve that? I tried another driver from few posts above, but it's the same. The problem is in Tacx app because the others work great.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

honza_81 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:30 pm Hi all,
I have simillar problem. I bought ANT+ dongle on Ebay (white cycplus). Zwift, Rouvy is working OK, but the f... Tacx app cant't find any ANT+ sensor, even if ANT+ icon is green - ANT+ available. I tried thu online support, but they talk to me like I was a monkey :oops: . Does anyone solve that? I tried another driver from few posts above, but it's the same. The problem is in Tacx app because the others work great.
I assume you are aware that when TDA makes an ANT+ connection, it does not show as connected on the Device page (unlike a BT-connected device). Instead, it just starts operating when you do the workout. This is a bit awkward and clumsy, but I believe that is the current setup (I have not done an ANT+ connection in the most current version, so I am assuming it is still the same).
Michael Corn
honza_81
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

But I'm running TDA for the first, so I have never connected any ANT+ sensor. How should the app know, to which sensor I want connect? In Your case, it maybe remember last connections and make them. I can't even start an activity - I have "Device manager" button instead of Start training...
honza_81
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

So finally I found contact to producer of ANT+ dongle, he sent me newer FW and now everything's work...
Sim1
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Switzerland

Hi Everybody,

it looks like I'm not the only one with this problem.
I have a Tacx Flux S trainer connect to PC (window10) via Bluetooth and an USB Ant+ receiver for my Garmin HR band.
When I'm turning on TDA, ant+ icon is green, as well as Bluetooth one. Trainer is founded immediately but HR not, searching is going ahead forever...
If I'm turning on Zwift or Rouvy, both of them are finding the HR band without problem.
What is the issue??

Thank you
Sim1
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Switzerland

honza_81 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:03 pm So finally I found contact to producer of ANT+ dongle, he sent me newer FW and now everything's work...
Hi Honza, I have the same problem and same USB reciver from Cycplus, sent you a PM
sgmack
First Bike with trainer wheels
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Ant+ "Not Available" in TDA SOLVED
Hi All........I solved my Ant+ problem. Within TDA Device Manager I clicked on "Can't find my device" A message came up saying Ant+ software missing click here. This took me to a C++ redistributable 2013 download. The install solved the problem. I'm using TDA V1.26.0