reinstallaton of TTS3

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

LeovanGaal
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

Is there a way to reinstall TT3 (moving it from one computer to another, or on the same computer)

By the way: I have a working installation on my computer at this moment.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

LeovanGaal wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:04 pm Is there a way to reinstall TT3 (moving it from one computer to another, or on the same computer)

By the way: I have a working installation on my computer at this moment.
I have no idea if this will work, but you could try the same procedure for moving TTS4 to a new PC that is described on another portion of this website ( go to "How do I move TTS4 to another computer?" in the middle of the page.) Be sure you leave everything intact on the working computer, at least until you confirm you are successful. Some of the details for TTS3 may not be the same as TTS4.

https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/tacx- ... oftware-4/
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
LeovanGaal
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thank you. I will give it a try.
TomND
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi LeovanGaal,

I am really interested to see if you where able to transfer TTS3 using the TTS4 method. I have a similar situation with TTS3 running on an old laptop. Are you using Win10 on the "new" machine?

Thanks
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

In theory it should work. Alas I didn't reactivate my copy of TTS3 when I had a chance to.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mickyduck
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

I didn't activate mine copy either .. have an unopened CD of TTS3 LOL
tloi
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

hi,
Sorry for newbie question but if you don't activate TTS3, can you still install and use it?
Thanks
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

tloi wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:04 am hi,
Sorry for newbie question but if you don't activate TTS3, can you still install and use it?
Thanks
No. The Tacx servers used to authenticate and activate all versions of TTS where deactivated 18 months ago. This is obsolete legacy software.

There may be some hacks and workarounds, but I don't know how many, if any, work.
Michael Corn
davee
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

For anyone interested I just tried and have managed to move TTS 3 to new computer using the TTS 4 method of moving licence file.
mickyduck

Pity I never registered it..still in sealed package upstairs LOL
fluck
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: France

bonjour
j'ai un tts 3 qui fct et j'ai le nom de l'ordinateur , j'essaie de reinstaller avec le fichier lic dans progdata sur un autre pc , mais au lancement il me dit fichier license corrompu comment as tu fais?
j'ai desinstaller tacx + ccleaner et reinstaller avec fichier lic
merci
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

fluck wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:18 pm bonjour
j'ai un tts 3 qui fct et j'ai le nom de l'ordinateur , j'essaie de reinstaller avec le fichier lic dans progdata sur un autre pc , mais au lancement il me dit fichier license corrompu comment as tu fais?
merci
I used Google Translate on your message:

"I have a tts 3 which works and I have the name of the computer, I try to reinstall with the lic file in progdata on another pc, but at launch it tells me license file corrupted how did you do? I uninstalled tacx + ccleaner and reinstalled with lic file."

If the file is actually corrupted, then it is no good.
Michael Corn
davee
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

bonjour
merci
I had this issue first time. I followed the original instructions to install drivers on earlier versions and at and of process I got the corrupted file message.

I wiped everything and reinstalled TTS3 to the version that the licence file is attached to on the original computer, (3.13 for me) without connecting the fortius to install drivers. Then transferred the original copy of the licence file to correct folder, disconnected from internet and ran TTS3. Not sure disconnecting from internet makes any difference but did it just in case. All seemed to work and the fortius headunit, motorbrake, and steering frame were all found and a was then able to restore back up files and rlv videos.

Hope this will help you

Dave
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

davee wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:44 pm
I wiped everything and reinstalled TTS3 to the version that the licence file is attached to on the original computer,
Excellent idea. I can see that having a license file that was previously created under a different version than the one currently running might cause the corrupt file message. I think most install discs were either 3.0 or 3.5. 3.13 was the final version, which most users would have on their PC if they did normal updating. So, if he just installed 3.5 without applying all the updates, that might create a problem.

On the other hand, if the license file is truly corrupted, I think he is out of luck.
Michael Corn
fluck
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: France

bonjour
je vais essayer ,je vais essayer de m'expliquer clairement ,j'ai 3 pc et je souhait l'installer sur mon pc portable en plus .
sur mon 1 er pc tacx fct tres bien avec la license active d origine dans les regles avant 2020 et le pb d activation en ligne ,donc j'ai le pc de référence
sur le 2eme windows , il etait installer mais licence désactive ,quand j'ai simplement recopier le fichier lic et le nom du pc , ok pas de problème ca fonctionne
sur le pc portable j'ai installer tacx 3.5 le même que sur le 2 , quand je change le fichier lic il me met corrompu donc j'ai désinstaller uniquement tacx et pas les autres logiciels annexes +ccleaner registre puis reinstaller et remise copie du fichier originaux du pc 1 et la il me dit corrompu
est ce que c'est la bas de registre qui n'ai pas clean du windows ? je ne ai pas trop envie de formater le windows complet juste pour ca
je vais essayer et je vous retiendrai au courant
merci de l'aide
davee
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

When I had the issue i performed a clean windows install then reinstalled TTS3. I did try to clean the registry but couldn't get the installation to work.

Someone with more knowledge than me may be able to help with a full uninstallation that will work for you but I installed it on a desktop that is only used for the fortius.

Dave
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

It is important to give the computer exactly the same name as the crashed one
I have reinstalled TTS4 for 5 or 6 times. No problems.
MTB
smacl
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Ireland

I have an older XP setup with TTS3.5 which is dying, cloning the hard disk to an SSD prevented TTS from running so had to move back to the old disk which had me thinking the license was tied to the hard disk ID. Would love to be able to get TTS up and running again. Tried Zwift last night and really did not like it. Will give the TTS4 method listed earlier a go later today and post back. Would have no problem buying a new copy of TTS4 advanced at RRP but reading the entries here I guess that is not going to happen.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

smacl wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:26 am I have an older XP setup with TTS3.5 which is dying, cloning the hard disk to an SSD prevented TTS from running so had to move back to the old disk which had me thinking the license was tied to the hard disk ID. Would love to be able to get TTS up and running again. Tried Zwift last night and really did not like it. Will give the TTS4 method listed earlier a go later today and post back. Would have no problem buying a new copy of TTS4 advanced at RRP but reading the entries here I guess that is not going to happen.
Cloning should absolutely have worked. Are you sure you cloned and not copied?
Michael Corn
smacl
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

mcorn wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:07 pm
smacl wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:26 am I have an older XP setup with TTS3.5 which is dying, cloning the hard disk to an SSD prevented TTS from running so had to move back to the old disk which had me thinking the license was tied to the hard disk ID. Would love to be able to get TTS up and running again. Tried Zwift last night and really did not like it. Will give the TTS4 method listed earlier a go later today and post back. Would have no problem buying a new copy of TTS4 advanced at RRP but reading the entries here I guess that is not going to happen.
Cloning should absolutely have worked. Are you sure you cloned and not copied?
In would have thought so too, full disk clone from HDD to SSD using Acronis clone, TTS running on XP. Didn't work and had to move back to the HDD. Oddly enough, I managed to get my TTS 3.12 working on a new PC using a variation of the instructions here over the weekend so many thanks for that. For those doing the same thing steps I used after a few fails were as follows;
  • Fresh install of Windows 10, if TTS has been installed previously it won't work
  • Computer name and workgroup need to be the same as the old PC
  • Start installing TTS from CD to get the prerequisates and exit the install before the device driver installation takes place. Any time after this and you need to reset Windows 10 back to the pre-install state. I used Windows reset for this on the first couple of failed attempts
  • Copy everything from the Program file(x86) \TacX folder to the same folder on the new PC
  • Copy everything from the Program Data \TacX folder, or in my case on an old XP box the Documents\Default User\Data\TacX folder, to the Program Data \TacX folder on the new PC
  • Use Control panel / Hardware / Devices and Printers / Add a device. Pick the Unknown VR device and navigate to the Program file(x86)\Tacx\TacxTrainersoftware3\TacxDrivers\x86 folder
Delighted to be up and running on a fast and tiny mini-PC which will be dedicated to the turbo. Would loved to have been able get my hands on a copy of TTS4 advanced, but I'm guessing that boat has sailed.
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

If you have a proper key for installation or decent tts4.lic file in combination with the computer name it will work. You can pick them from the hdd or ssd in the program data directory. Normally hidden.
Reinstall TTS4. Update to 4.23 Put the file tts4.lic attached to your computer name in the right location and it will work. You can even ride the RLV's when you have a proper code without the server activation. I have mentioned this in another post. They are activated from inside TTS4 and can be ridden. Next time TTS4 is nagging about activation just press next.
I still have the TTS4 updates from 4.12
New challenge is to get the older RLV's with code working. In the code there is a hidden date which tells TTS not to accept the code. So I will try with a fresh 4.8 version off tts4 with a anti dated PC and win7 32 bits

MTB
smacl
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Alas, never owned TTS4 myself so will stick with TTS3. Regarding Windows version, the only difference is that data folder changed from C:\Users\Default User\Data\Tacx in early versions of Windowas to C:\ProgramData\TacX in Windows 10. I migrated my TTS3.12 from Windows XP (32 bit) to Windows 10 (64 bit) with this in mind and it seems to behave far better, albeit it is also a much higher spec PC.

Be interested in hearing how you get on with your RLVs, I've five of them here and only ever got three of them to work properly. Will probably try Antify and FulGaz / RGT or Rouvy to get a bit more scenery at some point. Tried Zwift and really didn't like it, a few hundred cyclists jammed into the same VR terrain at the same time is just a bit too busy for my liking. Love having just a couple of TTS bots paced at my previous fasted times on the same VR circuit, much less noisy.
Etschy
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Switzerland

First of all: the method to reinstall version analogue to the recommended re-install of TTS4 seems to work nicely and I managed to get this done with the old licence-file and a renaming of the computer to the previous computers name. But after having installed version 3.0 I ran into a problem. I have basically everything but the update-files from 3.1 to 3.5. I have even saved the downloaded uploads from version 3.6 onwards. But I am now stuck with 3.0 since I cannot update straight vom 3.0 to 3.6 or beyond. Does anybody have either the update-files from 3.1 to 3.5 or the 3.5 install-disk to share? I would really appreciate it if somebody could share a disk-image or just the install-files that are not that huge? I would really appreciate your help.
Pernel
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I probably have all the updates you are looking for. I can look tomorrow.
Pernel
Etschy
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Switzerland

Hi Pernel. Thanks for your effort but I got the complete 3.13 Install-File from another user of this great forum. Your offer to help is still greatly appreciated and I'll get back to it, if the install should fail, after all. Thanks again and have a good day!
Pernel
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

How did he send you the file? I was going to try to share the the files but they were too big.
Horste61
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

Hello everyone . Sorry first for my bad english!!!
I have a realy bad problem with the tacx software tts3 and now also with the tts4.
I have a old Tacx flow 2222 with the tts3 software. After some changes and the damage of my lod laptop was no posibility from tacx -onlinesuport posible. They don´t ansere. I can´t run the software ones more on a PC. The activation online key iy not posible send from tecx /garmin. So i thought with a new Flow 2222 and software tts4 (second hand) it will be run. But, same problem. So , please (im now 61 and not the best onlinecrack) acn me help someone ? I need only a key i think to let it run. I don´t know. Thank you verry much for helping me !!! Cheers. Horst
tacx T2220 Flow Multiplayer Rollentrainer T 2220 Modell 2012 Neu!
Preis: EUR 381,90
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Horste61 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:35 pm Hello everyone . Sorry first for my bad english!!!
I have a realy bad problem with the tacx software tts3 and now also with the tts4.
I have a old Tacx flow 2222 with the tts3 software. After some changes and the damage of my lod laptop was no posibility from tacx -onlinesuport posible. They don´t ansere. I can´t run the software ones more on a PC. The activation online key iy not posible send from tecx /garmin. So i thought with a new Flow 2222 and software tts4 (second hand) it will be run. But, same problem. So , please (im now 61 and not the best onlinecrack) acn me help someone ? I need only a key i think to let it run. I don´t know. Thank you verry much for helping me !!! Cheers. Horst
tacx T2220 Flow Multiplayer Rollentrainer T 2220 Modell 2012 Neu!
Preis: EUR 381,90
Without going into all the details (there is a LOT of discussion of this elsewhere on this forum). I think you are out of luck if your old computer has a problem. So, I would not recommend buying another T2220. However, if you have a 32-bit operating system, you can use your training with the old Fortius software, which does not protected. You can get more information on this at another place on this website:

https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/fortius-software/
Michael Corn