TTS4 status

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

JustThisGuy
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Denmark

Hello everyone,

Around the middle of march my TTS4 on a Tacx Neo and Windows 10 stopped working, the software could not find any ANT devices. I thought ok, even though Tacx said TTS4 would work until at least march 31st, that they decided to stop early anyway. I have just noticed that TTS4 is now suddenly working again. I was just curious whether Tacx did something to make it work again, or if it was Microsoft that did something to make the ANT drivers stop working, and then fixed it again in one their unending Windows 10 updates. So my question is, has anyone else experienced that TTS4 stopped working sometime in march, and is now working again?
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Curious. Wife and I have had no issues with TTS, albeit we are only talking about 1-2 riders per week for the last 3 -weeks.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

There really is not anything that Tacx would do in the background to effect ANT+ functionality. That is accomplished through updates, which are gone forever.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

My W7 lap top,that has always run TTS with no issues died after 8 years.I then installed TTS on my high spec PC.
This is W10 and the rides are playing smooth with no connection issues. ;)
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

I still use TTS, mostly as my internet connection (fixed wireless) is so poor I cannot use TDA effectively. :(

It would be nice to have one last update to remove the licensing issues. I've had lots of license issues over the last year even though I have not changed hardware.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

It would be nice if Tacx liberated TTS in a way similar to the Fortius software. However, I suspect that would perceive this as causing a loss of TDA business, so I would not be too optimistic about this happening.
Michael Corn
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

Yes... can suddenly see the upsurge in TTS use/popularity if licences where removed, new free site would open up to download copies of all the films :shock:
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

Malfukt wrote:Yes... can suddenly see the upsurge in TTS use/popularity if licences where removed
My concern is that given that TTS is now no longer supported, how long before someone decides to deprecate the license servers rendering TTS inoperative? I have already noticed that while I can readily download VR content from Bikenet, it does not appear that users are able to upload new VR rides/activities since 5 Aprl 2019.

Edit: Apparently the BikeNet upload issue has been a 'known issue' since Version 4.22.7.
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike

I am almost unable to start a ride in TTS4.The software in on screen in 10 seconds.Devices are all connected.
I can now click on any ride options(latest,Tacx films etc) and TTS crashes off screen.If I continue trying
to open TTS then I do eventually get past this crashing issue and am able to start a ride.This however can
take up to 10 crashes before i get to start a ride.Although i use TDA nearly all the time now,TTS is a good back up
and I have about 250 films inc all IM and some good old rides not going into TDA that i like to ride. ;)
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper
USER_FLAG: Russia

Cycling2011 wrote:and TTS crashes off screen
To avoid many problems with the functioning of the TTS4, periodically clean these folders:
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\Catalyst\Runs
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\Ergo\Runs
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\RLT\Runs
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\RLV\Runs
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\Tests\Runs
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\VR\Runs
Move the important rides to another location outside of the folder TTS4. The rest just delete.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike

Alex Masalovich wrote:
Cycling2011 wrote:and TTS crashes off screen
To avoid many problems with the functioning of the TTS4, periodically clean these folders:
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\Catalyst\Runs
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\Ergo\Runs
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\RLT\Runs
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\RLV\Runs
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\Tests\Runs
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\VR\Runs
Cleaned the Training folders and TTS is no longer crashing. :)
Thanks for your help.
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.
BerthaVision
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: Belgium

I hear today that they will probably end the Tacx Film shop for TTS4 in September, I think it causes a fair bit of confusion for support. But they have streaming on the way & the film collection will be available even on your smartphone, Ive seen the new app on a iphone, link to a TV with a cheap Apple TV & you will instant access to the entire TDA collection for peanuts. It does make TTS4 a bit pointless for any new customer.
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

I disagree as I still find a lot of value in the training/workouts and while I have not used Zwift, I prefer VR LAN rides with the wife in TTS.
sgmack
First Bike with trainer wheels

From Server TTS 4 Topic

Hi All

Tacx will shut down the TTS 4 License server 1st Jan 2020.

At the moment this is the only server online ( GPS & MP Servers already down ) ........So after this date TTS 4 will be a stand alone product. Please remember do not buy any rlv's that require an activation code after 1st Jan 2020 as you won't be able to install them......Cheers Steve
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper

sgmack wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:21 pm Tacx will shut down the TTS 4 License server 1st Jan 2020.
Please indicate the source of this information.
sgmack

Hi Alex

Source of info is Hilko @ Tacx.........spoken to 18th Dec.
Also message on TTS 4 "News" tab around 3 weeks ago.......You'll only see the Tacx TTS 4 News if you use TTS 4 online !!!
One other thing.........The TTS 4 " Server on my Computer " will also not work as this function is dependent on Tacx servers working.
Cheers........Steve
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper

sgmack wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:36 am Also message on TTS 4 "News" tab around 3 weeks ago.......You'll only see the Tacx TTS 4 News if you use TTS 4 online !!!
My TTS4 no longer updates the news feed. Through a direct link, I see this:
End of life TTS 4

Per December 2019 you will have only limited access to the TTS 4. We can no longer guarantee its operation after this date and further use is no longer supported. If you have any questions about this, don`t hesitate to contact our customer service by sending an email to support@tacx.com. We encourage you to learn more about the updated Tacx Training app. From now on you are able to stream all our high quality training films to your compatible smartphone, tablet and desktop.

Fri, 29 Nov 2019 11:39:29 GMT

https://rss-news-feeds.tacx.com/feeds/A ... yKP7c2gyA/
sgmack

Hi Alex

Thanks for this.

I was told about this message by a friend.
I contacted Tacx who said TTS 4 servers would be shut down "early next year".
I didn't realise that meant 1st Jan !!!........Also GPS & MP servers have been shut down early.

I've been trying desperately to keep the Tacx community together by hosting regular Multiplayer Interval sessions which has attracted a small but dedicated following. We've decided that we should carry on riding together, using TTS where possible but also looking for another platform.
Tacx TDA does not have anywhere near the same functionality as TTS 4 . We may use more than one platform just to replicate what we did using TTS 4.

In my opinion TTS 4 was very .......very good. Perhaps with a few niggles, but it was always my go to platform......And alot better than Zwift !!!
https://www.strava.com/clubs/TTic
Cheers..........Steve
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

When i was starting TTS for our trainer session this past Tuesday, I had noticed that the Tacx Server was not available. The big implication is that despite owning the software, we will no longer be able to uninstall/reinstall on different computers, but what happens in instances where we have more than one profile on a computer, won't this also prevent users from switching profiles as well?
sgmack wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:21 amTacx TDA does not have anywhere near the same functionality as TTS 4.
Tacx were the innovators when ti came to Real Life Videos and Virtual Reality, but because the company was small with limited resources and apparently 'vision', Tacx was hard pressed to stay competitive when Zwift was introduced. For the most part, the days of purchasing stand alone applications on smart devices and computers are long gone as the producers of such technology are not going to pass up on the continual revenue stream realized from subscription/software as a service models.
We may use more than one platform just to replicate what we did using TTS 4.
While I have started using Rouvy and Big Ring VR, occasionally Road Grand TOurs), TTS Virtual Reality routes continue to be the reason that my wife rides the trainer with me each week. While she does like the scenery in the streaming videos I have been riding with these apps, most of the routes I have been 'enjoying' involve inclines and terrain that she is not interested in tackling.
sgmack

Hi ms6073

Have you and your wife ridden TTS 4 at the same time on the same course recently.
I'll be very surprised if you can still do this. Cheers........Steve

p.s......If Tacx had moved TTS 4 to a subscription model, I would have gladly paid !!!
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

sgmack wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:07 pmHave you and your wife ridden TTS 4 at the same time on the same course recently.
You mean local/private Lan Multiplayer? No, not in about 3-months.
p.s......If Tacx had moved TTS 4 to a subscription model, I would have gladly paid !!!
As would I.
sgmack

Hi ms6073

I've been told "Lan" riding on TTS 4 will not work anymore as the servers have been taken offline.

This option was never true Lan racing. It was "Server on my computer" which is different
This allowed users to meet on the Tacx server then when the session started it was passed to the Host pc. If the Tacx server isn't online then this option won't work..Cheers.............Steve
wilf
USER_FLAG: Germany

What the hell?
We should all be aware that TTS4 would eventually become offline software. As before Fortius Software, TTS1, TTS2 and TTS3 too.
But if you (like me for over 10 years) have Tacx interactive trainers, you also have computers that run the software. So I have Fortius, TTS1, TTS3 and TTS4 running on different computers. Anyone who has bought around 250 RLV videos (Tacx or Third Party) over the years has also come to appreciate them.
So I installed a club member TTS4 six months ago because he has a holiday home on Lanzarote and he wanted the Ironman RLV's Lanzarote. Both are not in TDA. So he's happy.
I still have one question: What about LAN Racing? Do you need an external Tacx server for this?
sgmack

Hi Wilf

There has never been "Lan Racing" as such in TTS 4. It is "Server on my Computer" which is dependent on Tacx servers being online.
Tacx have shut down all servers ( GPS & Multiplayer ) except the License server.....which shuts down 1st Jan 2020. Do not buy any Tacx RLV's that have an activation code after 1st Jan as you won'y be able to install them.

If I remember it was only the old Fortius software that had Lan racing ( I could be wrong ) where you had to open firewalls and enter mac address of other pc's. on your local network.

Bottom line is that TTS 4 is now a stand alone product.......So
1) No GPS / Google Earth map will show
2) No Multiplayer of any kind
3) Only able to install Tacx RLV's that do not have an activation code ( third party RLV's install fine )
4) RLV's with GPS can take up to 3 mins to start.....This is solved by disconnecting from internet, then re connecting when RLV starts.
5) All VR courses will work fine ......Including using Tacx embedded opponents
6) All Catalyst / Workout courses will work fine
7) Strava upload should still work.

I'm still keeping alive my Tacx Strava Club even though Multiplayer is now dead.
We meet on Skype then sync up our TTS 4, so we ride together but separately in TTS ...if you see what I mean
https://www.strava.com/clubs/TTic

Cheers.........Steve
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper

ms6073 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:06 pm The big implication is that despite owning the software, we will no longer be able to uninstall/reinstall on different computers,
Strictly speaking, this is true for automatic deactivation/activation of a license. If Tacx continues to provide assistance to users, then it will send files tts4.lic at their request (so to speak in manual mode).
ms6073 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:06 pm but what happens in instances where we have more than one profile on a computer, won't this also prevent users from switching profiles as well?
Check it out now offline. User profiles are in this file:
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Settings\players.tts
Make backup copies of the Settings folder for each "current" user.
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper

Another outright lie from Garmin - Tacx:
Why was TTS4 discontinued?

TTS4 only worked with Tacx smart trainers manufactured prior to 2015. These older trainers can only communicate through a proprietary ANT+ communication protocol. Tacx trainers today connect to newer software platforms via Bluetooth and ANT+ FE-C. In addition, TTS4 is not compatible with Windows 10 and could only be operated on Windows Vista and Windows 7 computers. Microsoft is ending support for Windows 7 in January 2020.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=R ... tab=topics
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Alex Masalovich wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:10 pm Another outright lie from Garmin - Tacx:
Why was TTS4 discontinued?

TTS4 only worked with Tacx smart trainers manufactured prior to 2015. These older trainers can only communicate through a proprietary ANT+ communication protocol. Tacx trainers today connect to newer software platforms via Bluetooth and ANT+ FE-C. In addition, TTS4 is not compatible with Windows 10 and could only be operated on Windows Vista and Windows 7 computers. Microsoft is ending support for Windows 7 in January 2020.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=R ... tab=topics
How about responding directly responding to Garmin rather than calling it a lie. No doubt it is a mistake made by someone not familiar with the situation.
Michael Corn
sgmack

Hi mcorn

To be fair ..If they're not familiar with the situation then they shouldn't reply .........or at the very least get familiar and offer a genuine reply !!!
I'd suggest TTS 4 / legacy queries are being dealt with by Garmin staff rather than former Tacx employees.........Cheers Steve
Alex Masalovich
Doper
Doper

mcorn wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:36 pm No doubt it is a mistake made by someone not familiar with the situation.
Your guess makes me smile. The cited speaks of conscious deception.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Alex Masalovich wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:48 pm
mcorn wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:36 pm No doubt it is a mistake made by someone not familiar with the situation.
Your guess makes me smile. The cited speaks of conscious deception.
I try to exercise restraint in calling someone a liar (or a deceiver), as that is a serious charge. In my experience, most inaccurate statements are the result of mistake, confusion, lack of knowledge, or carelessness. That doesn't mean they should not be corrected, but I don't think there is a lot to gain by questioning the motives of others. If every verbal error is automatically attributed to lying, things rapidly get very contentious, which tends to impede progress.
Michael Corn